O/T well ruin my day ! doctor visit.

Started by Dave, December 18, 2006, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

looks like im headed in earlier than planned for a stress test :cry:  Went to see the family doctor today and he suggested i get checked out soon :cry: I just hope they dont find a problem :?:  Ups didnt drop off anything today either :x
Other than that its ben a monday :lol:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

Dave,Hope they find everything in working order....Keep us posted!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

GPster

I had one on the 8th and on the 12th my doctor  got the results and said there was some concern about some sluggish movement around one part of my heart. I go for the next check on the 26th to  Columbus to Riverside Hospital so if they think anything needs to be do they can do a "Stink" on the same trip. My only problem with the stress test was that I was warned that because of my TBI that I couldn't move very fast and I was afraid that if they treadmill got ahead of me it would slam me into the wall behind me. I thought I did OK but the must have gradede me on a curve. GPster

EMSjunkie

As long as you study the night before, you should be fine.

a few laps around the garage chasin' Sue should get the 'ole ticker pumpin' right nice :oops:

Good luck Bro. hope everything is fine. 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"As long as you study the night before, you should be fine.

a few laps around the garage chasin' Sue should get the 'ole ticker pumpin' right nice :oops:

Vance

You guys from Texas aint very brite :!:  You gotta run for the stress test the only times ya gots to study is for the DRUG test. I never took 1 but I heard its bout 50 questions long :?:
Im awating a return call from the cardiac clinic . I called the number today and it was the Hot line :!:  Well the guy I spoke with was very nice and to the point and asked me if i had any problems at the moment and I told him no. I also told him what my regular doc said and what we determined (If yall wanna know my doc says STRESS or  Anxitey) spelling  .. Anyway I was impressed .. very polite and to the point. I told sue im fine but ill go with the doctors cause i dont wanna die again till im really old!!!!! Its wierd stuff kids.
Dave

phat rat

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"As long as you study the night before, you should be fine.

Vance

If he wants to get his heart pumping chasing Sue around the garage he needs to build on :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"

Vance

If he wants to get his heart pumping chasing Sue around the garage he needs to build on :lol:

Hey Jack, they have a generic for * in Texas pharmacies now. You walk in, show your prescription, the druggist goes "Baaaaaaaaa"  and you're good for 48 hours... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Crosley.In.AZ

hope you are doing well.

I had a stress test in 1999.  They had me on a tread mill with probes hooked up every & then some.

My heart had failed the radiation test thingy where that huge * machine rotates slowly around your body.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Vance

Hey Jack, they have a generic for * in Texas pharmacies now. You walk in, show your prescription, the druggist goes "Baaaaaaaaa"  and you're good for 48 hours... :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Vance

ROFLMAO :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thats funny right there, I don't care who ya are......thats funny right there

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

Quote from: "GPster"I had one on the 8th and on the 12th my doctor  got the results and said there was some concern about some sluggish movement around one part of my heart. I go for the next check on the 26th to  Columbus to Riverside Hospital so if they think anything needs to be do they can do a "Stink" on the same trip. My only problem with the stress test was that I was warned that because of my TBI that I couldn't move very fast and I was afraid that if they treadmill got ahead of me it would slam me into the wall behind me. I thought I did OK but the must have gradede me on a curve. GPster
Well, yesterday I got a 90% (blockage) as my grade. They introduced me to Angie O Plasty who balooned me around for a while and left me 2 stents. It'll be a while before I get that V6 running because I'm limited to 5# lifting but I should be able to manage installing the fuel pump when it comes. I'm supposed to see my doctor on the 15th and then start cardiac re-habilitation exercises for a while. I wanted to get that engine running before this but I quess it can wait. I guess sometimes it's a good idea to listen to your wife but it would have been easier if she had come up with her dionosis before all those doctors and their tests. GPster

Dave

Dam Joe.. That sucks as you and I both know. Hang in there and enjoy the rehab :!:  i loved it and I met some really great people while i was doing it. IM curious here still waiting for my new keyboard thats why the caps! If i remember right when you had your accident you had a heart attack right :?:
Did you have any heart damage and obiously (spelling  :?: ) you didnt this time cause you or the doctors (or the wife) caught it in time..
Dave

ps: they didnt give me a lifting thing at all. They were just worried about me going up stairs for 2 weeks after i got out. i live in a bi level so its 1 step up on the porch and then 7 to the main floor. hell i told em once i got to the main floor why would i need to go anywhere else.. I got every thing i need there :wink:

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"If i remember right when you had your accident you had a heart attack right :?:                                                                    No, I layed the bike down and ruptured my spleen. Got back on the bike while bleeding internally. Passed out at 40 MPH.
Did you have any heart damage and obiously (spelling  :?: )  Depends on the doctor looking at the Xray. This doctor said that they are normally not normal. This deal was colesterol build-up

ps: they didnt give me a lifting thing at all.:wink:
I think it's mostly to keep from tearing up my groin where they went in with the probe. GPster

Joe,Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery....Take care of yourself!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "jusjunk"If i remember right when you had your accident you had a heart attack right :?:                                                                    No, I layed the bike down and ruptured my spleen. Got back on the bike while bleeding internally. Passed out at 40 MPH.
Did you have any heart damage and obiously (spelling  :?: )  Depends on the doctor looking at the Xray. This doctor said that they are normally not normal. This deal was colesterol build-up

ps: they didnt give me a lifting thing at all.:wink:
I think it's mostly to keep from tearing up my groin where they went in with the probe. GPster

I had a cardiac catheterization in 2000....everything went fine.

BUT, I had a blowout while in the hospital.

I pulled the emergency cord in the bathroom - where I was standing in a fast-growing pool of blood. Six nurses came running and - literally - clotheslined me back into bed where one of them climbed right in and put her fist in my groin with all her weight. (I believe I would prefer the sandbags, thank you!)

I had just gone through my eight-hours of lying still, and had permission to move around,

I think my mistake was to sit on the edge of the bed with my knee twisted up onto the edge of the bed - stretching THAT side of my groin.

Trust me....If you are limited to five pounds, you DO NOT want to lift ANYTHING over five pounds - or exceed five pounds worth of exertion, pulling or pushing on wrenches, etc. Personally, I would stick with FOUR pounds to be on the safe side.

I believe I can safely say you DO NOT want to experience a blowout.

I had tried to be released to go home, but they said they wanted to keep an eye on me overnight.  I am glad I was in the hospital when it happened, and not at home.

Nurse estimated I lost nearly a pint of blood in a few seconds, and I had several fist-sized bulges under the skin where blood had pooled.

Of course, the nurse circled these bulges with a Sharpie for the doctor to see, and I started to look like a Jersey cow.

B.P.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green