Changes to the 2007 NSRA Event Schedule

Started by n.c.rodder, November 30, 2006, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n.c.rodder

Ok everybody, hot off the press - Here's some changes to next years schedule I thought I'ld pass along. Now remember - Don't shoot the messenger. :wink:

Changes are...

Golden State Street Rod Nationals...will become...Golden State Nationals
Northeast Street Rod Nationals...will become...Northeast Nationals
Southeast Street Rod Nationals... will become...Southeast Nationals

These 3 events will now accept vehicles 30 years & older which brings the total to 5 events that now accept newer vehicles.

Also changing is that you will need  to be an NSRA member to attend the Milwaukee Nationals & Richmond Nationals (the last 2 years you didn't need to be a member to attend both these shows)

Again DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

tomslik

oh boy, 76 vegas....
well, you won't have to worry about skeeters;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"oh boy, 76 vegas....

hA hA caps lock again........... Im searching on egay now. I really want a Vega panel. Im gonna pimp it out but I wanna kinda do the flower child thing too. Hey can some one photochop a Vega for me ? It would be way cool and dynamite and all that jazz.
Dave............. :arrow:
ps: peace...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-Vega-GT-wagon-71-GT-coupe_W0QQitemZ190057219355QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6173QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Grandadeo

I for one am glad to hear they are opening up Tampa to bring in the '50s and '60s Kustom Krowd.  The down side, for me, will be the muscle cars.  No offense late model guys.  At least now maybe we can get a decent turnout in Florida.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Grandadeo"I for one am glad to hear they are opening up Tampa to bring in the '50s and '60s Kustom Krowd.  The down side, for me, will be the muscle cars.  No offense late model guys.  At least now maybe we can get a decent turnout in Florida.

Lee

OH, so now you're sticking a label on me cause' I have a 55... :(
Kustom Krowd, eh... :?:  :evil:
Well, take this    :(U)    you, you, you "street rodder"... :lol:  :lol:

Amen to the turnout incentive. Maybe a new bunch of vendors also. Now that the heavy metal krowd will be there, they might fill more than 1 row for the swap meet.
Only now I can't get in for free...This means I have to show register the Poncho which means I have to rejoin the NSRA  which means putting out extra money. There goes the daily trip to the funnel cake and boiled peanut stand... :lol:

Lee, I know it's quite a drive over for you, but did ever hit the 2 swaps in the Webster area the 1st Sunday of every month?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

kb426

If the changes let our hobby continue, can it be all bad? On one of the forums I frequent, a year ago someone posted about declining numbers. Another person stated some vague data and said he was hired by the sactioning bodies to survey the grounds with ariel photos and whatever that was at his disposal to come up with hard numbers. He said it wasn't real good. The Goodguys events near me seem to do well. I like variety so all of the changes are fine by me. I'm a believer that the costs have raised to the level that people will pick where they are going and not take in every show. I go to all the small shows in my area. The numbers this year were bad on all the small shows but the large ones where good or better than the year before. However, there are so many shows that you have too much overlap. I don't have any answers, I just see that changes need to happen in the future if our hobby will continue and florish. As a kid, I had a hotrod and could care less about what everybody else was doing. Is that where we're headed?
TEAM SMART

tomslik

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "tomslik"oh boy, 76 vegas....

hA hA caps lock again........... Im searching on egay now. I really want a Vega panel. Im gonna pimp it out but I wanna kinda do the flower child thing too. Hey can some one photochop a Vega for me ? It would be way cool and dynamite and all that jazz.
Dave............. :arrow:
ps: peace...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-Vega-GT-wagon-71-GT-coupe_W0QQitemZ190057219355QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6173QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i've had a bunch of vegas but not a panel....
73 was the last year of the good looking ones......
had a 77 wagon that, out here, didn't have enough power to pull a fat girl off a tricycle....dead nuts dependable, though...

HEY, i've got some Hardy BBC mount plates for one hanging on the wall, why don't ya build one and i'll donate 'em to the cause!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

there was a chop top Vega wagon drag car around the valley here  for years.

Not too sure where it went to.

I am not sure someone should admit to owning a bunch of Vega cars.

I bought our 72 Wagon in 1974.  Put another 4cyl in it about 1 year later.  

A year after that a 327 & t-350  went in it.  A daily driver for Janice til we sold it.  That kid wrecked it. Then the car ended up in the desert near a spot I rode ATC's at.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Grandadeo

Bryan, Maybe I'll get my '53 Plymouth Hardtop out of the closet...I mean garage and drive it over to Tampa next year.  If I still have it then.  Haven't been to Webster in a couple years, probably more like 4.  Maybe we can make it in January.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

GPster

[quote="n.c.rodder"}These 3 events will now accept vehicles 30 years & older which brings the total to 5 events that now accept newer vehicles.Again DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER :wink: Mike[/quote]           Does this mean you can pull a barbeque trailer on to the grounds with a "Pro Street" Marlin or a Buick station wagon? GPster

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "GPster"Does this mean you can pull a barbeque trailer on to the grounds with a "Pro Street" Marlin or a Buick station wagon? GPster

Thats a big 10-4 :!:

Alas, you can even tow it in with a vega wagon if you wish :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Topsterguy

Hmmmmmmm, bummer! Sorry, but I guess I kind of look to NSRA events as being the hold out ones for pre 49 "hot rods"! I've been to the Golden State run in Sacramento twice and it was great, because it was all pre 49 cars. You go to a lot of the other events and aside from a few nice muscle cars it looks like a used car lot. We went to the Hot Rod Cafe run last summer in Post Falls Idaho and I've never seen so many Camaros, mustangs and Chevelles!  None of us would go back again or recommend it. Now I appreciate the thing about getting younger guys in etc etc if they're into hot rods, muscle cars, and street machines up to maybe in the early 60's..............but I have no use for "tuners". I guess I'm just really biased towards pre '49! :wink:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

sirstude

Has anyone heard anything about NSRA coming back to the northwest in the future.  The nearest NSRA run to us is in Pueblo and that is a bit over 900 miles.  Even the Seattle area would be better than that.  Somewhere in Utah would be ok too.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

alchevy

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of cars, but........I like street rods the best. When you have an opportunity to see a car show with nothing but pre-'49 cars at it, it looks great to me. I guess I'm the strange one because most car guys like the vehicles they grew up with. I'm 41 years old and I drive a '40 Chevy. There has been a lot of talk recently about the pre-'49 hobby is just going to dissappear off of the face of the Earth. Go to Louisville and see if you can still make that statement. Now it is true that most of the crowd at Louisville is 50 years and older in age. If someone can build a muscle car, then they can build a street rod. The good news here is look at what style the younger guys are building like Nick32vic (BTW: nice article and picture in Street Scene this month in the under 29 section).

Jack is in Street Scene in the Iron Man Run picture.

I chose to build a street rod because you can enter more events with it than you can with any other car.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

GPster

I like the simplicity of early cars. That is the reason that they appeal to me and I am not against newer technology (Pressure oiling vs. Babbit bearings) but the simpler ideas appeal to me and the age doesn't really back that much difference. I have a Willys jeepster which is a body style that they made from '48 til '50/'51. It is actually a 2 dr. phaeton and Ford quit making them in favor of covertables in '35/'36 (?) One of the newer cars that appeals to me would be a Suzuki Samari but I don't think the 4 wheel drive is necessary. Sure I would like to have a fast car to drive on the street that would catch some eyes. Saw some in the latest Rod & Custom. A couple of '32 Fords, that raced Indy. People can jump up-and-down on how the NSRA is selling out what the traditional members want. I joined NSRA in '73 and was one of those old time traditional membersI belonged til '95. I changed my mind. I suppose they can too. GPster