Anybody here with a 39-47 Dodge pick-up?

Started by Flipper, November 29, 2006, 08:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

I need some basic measurements for the cab and body.  

Dad bought a half done/half-assed done project truck.  It is a pretty nice body, but somebody cut out most of the floor and firewall before quiting what they were doing.  

We are going to go ahead put it on a new frame and rod it, but it would be nice to get the body close to factory dimensions so that doors and stuff work better  :)

Anybody found online blueprints for Dodges?

donsrods

Yeah, I'm building a '39 that is channelled 4 and chopped 5 inches.

Tell me where you need measurements and I will be at the shop tomorrow night and glad to measure for you.

Here's mine.

Don

donsrods

donsrods

Don't worry if your floor is gone, we cut ours out too, and are building a new one on this subframe we built.

Don

Flipper

Quote from: "donsrods"Don't worry if your floor is gone, we cut ours out too, and are building a new one on this subframe we built.

Don

I'm not real concearned about it.  I guess cross-car width at the front and rear of the door openings will tell me if anything has been tweaked too much.

donsrods

Yeah, just close the doors and get the gaps good and you will be fine, these bodies are pretty strong and thick.

Don

Flipper

Quote from: "donsrods"Don't worry if your floor is gone, we cut ours out too, and are building a new one on this subframe we built.

Don

How did you bend your driveshaft loops?  They look good.

purplepickup

Very nice project Don.  I like the work you've done so far.  It'll be a fun truck when you're done 8)
George