A little RRT survey

Started by purplepickup, November 26, 2006, 06:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the RRT format?

Nothing needs changing.  It's fine the way it is.
38 (33.9%)
I'd like to see some things different.
48 (42.9%)
I don't care either way.
26 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 26, 2006, 06:05:39 PM

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

OH man that is a scary place.   :shock:

They must got some might powerful drugs down there!    

But where the XXXX is Lithgow Mick?    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

bowtietillidie

I was reading on the Hamb and run across a post from a forum in Chicago    
they are having a class called hod rodding 101 .   This class only has room for about twenty people . It is a discussion on how to build a rod from the ground up.   starting with planing, gathering parts buying ahead of time and so on .    My Idea would be to start a discussion area and everybody could add their take on how to do this.    This would REALLY help the younger guy's    
as we all know this is what kills a very high percentage of builds with younger people and even some older guy's. Also it could be a money maker for the RRT .    After investigating problems of using others people's written word .    
it could be made into a book .   I know I would pay a good dollar for something like this.  It could start out small being offered at shows by the RRT meet and greet crew.     I will stop here as I have a million idea as to how this will help the RRT.
BOWTIETILLIDIE

GPster

Quote from: "bowtietillidie"I was reading on the Hamb and run across a post from a forum in Chicago    
they are having a class called hod rodding 101 .   This class only has room for about twenty people . It is a discussion on how to build a rod from the ground up.   starting with planing, gathering parts buying ahead of time and so on .    My Idea would be to start a discussion area and everybody could add their take on how to do this.    This would REALLY help the younger guy's    
as we all know this is what kills a very high percentage of builds with younger people and even some older guy's. Also it could be a money maker for the RRT .    After investigating problems of using others people's written word .    
it could be made into a book .   I know I would pay a good dollar for something like this.  It could start out small being offered at shows by the RRT meet and greet crew.     I will stop here as I have a million idea as to how this will help the RRT.
A nice idea of uses for the archive. If someone could write a program that was not only "Printer Friendly" but also "Reader Friendly" GPster

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Carps"OH man that is a scary place.   :shock:

They must got some might powerful drugs down there!    

But where the XXXX is Lithgow Mick?    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not a pretty sight, or fit fer wimmen and chilldrin... :shock:

I heard from Mick a couple of days ago. He said to tell everybody %##$
()%^  ^%$##^%  ^&@$%$   and  <%@#  &%@  and   :)( ...

Said he got evicted again, but doesn't know why... :cry:  :(D)
Claims he's nothing more than a shy, quiet, misunderstood Auzzie bloke... ~:)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"And one other idea I had was maybe a Gallery or photo album section like the "members rides" listing. A collection of photos showing the members at events, building their projects, helping each other, etc., would be fun to look at, and the photos wouldn't get buried in the archives after a few days. I would say give the pictures a week or two on the regular board, then move them into the "gallery" for easier finding.

There is a Gallery on the forum. It is located here http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/album.php it was added with the last round of forum updates.

Why am I always the last to know these things... :?:
Maybe if we had a flashing icon or something I would've known this... :lol:

Or maybe we can all pitch in and get ya a pair of BIFOCALS :lol:

or how 'bout a little hand that comes out and slaps ya up side yer pointy head :shock:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "bombcan"I don't want to show my ignorance.

that never stopped any of the rest of us :!:  :lol:

best way to get to know folks, is to start posting, thats what I did, and look where it got me :shock:  :roll:

y'all act like we're a bunch of snobs.......believe me, snobs we ain't :x

get into a conversation, post some replies, we can't talk back to ya ifn' ya don't speak up :wink:

ain't nobody on this board any better than anybody else. we all have our areas of expertise, and that is what makes this board so *' great :D

you can ask about any auto.....and some non-auto questions, and usually get a prompt, correct answer, without someone makin' ya feel like a dumbass :)

personally, I don't want this board to become more like the HAMB.
if I want that, I'll go to that site.

I do agree some changes are in order, some will prolly work, and some will prolly not work, but thats OK. thats why there is a big IF in the middle of life :?

alright, I'm gonna shut up now.......my meds are kickin' in 8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I am impressed  

I can see some areas that we need to work on, tech being one of them. Last spring I tried to get some tech posts by offering prises, there wasn't much participation.  

Thats 'cuz most of us ain't smart enough for a tech post.

I guess I could post my easy formula for figuring I.V drip rates :shock:

or my receipe for Bud Light Chili :-o

Vnce

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

bombcan

Thanks for the post Vance,  I'm still trying to catch up with everybody and everything, plus working two jobs and working on my cars, don't seem to get around to posting even though I check in often.

I'll try to do better and measure  up to the RRT standards, LOL

donsrods

If someone else posted this suggestion, sorry, I missed it.  I think one thing that would be nice is if the forum allowed our posted pictures to be larger. The 550 x 500 size is smaller than some other forums, and I have to crop my pictures to get them on here.  A 640 size would be nice.  Also, if we could post more than one picture per post. Most forums have a 5 limit. If there is a way to do that here, I am not aware, but I am computer stupid, so maybe there is.

JMO,

Don

Carnut

Quote from: "donsrods"If someone else posted this suggestion, sorry, I missed it.  I think one thing that would be nice is if the forum allowed our posted pictures to be larger. The 550 x 500 size is smaller than some other forums, and I have to crop my pictures to get them on here.  A 640 size would be nice.  Also, if we could post more than one picture per post. Most forums have a 5 limit. If there is a way to do that here, I am not aware, but I am computer stupid, so maybe there is.

JMO,

Don

On some of the forums I frequent it is usually suggested that you get a photobucket account and to post your pics there and then post a link to them here. That helps both on the storage space of the forum and the bandwidth used by the forum.

Getting a photobucket type account is usually free and posting the pic here is then real easy, just click on the (Img) tag, then past the photobucket link then click on the (Img) tag again, then click on (Preview) to make sure you got it right before you click on (Submit).

Fat Cat

Quote from: "donsrods"If someone else posted this suggestion, sorry, I missed it.  I think one thing that would be nice is if the forum allowed our posted pictures to be larger. The 550 x 500 size is smaller than some other forums, and I have to crop my pictures to get them on here.  A 640 size would be nice.  Also, if we could post more than one picture per post. Most forums have a 5 limit. If there is a way to do that here, I am not aware, but I am computer stupid, so maybe there is.

JMO,

Don

Well to answer both of your questions. There is a 10 image limit per post. When you do the browse and add attachment for the first one. All you have to do is browse for the next one and add the next attachment. Which you can add up to 10 images per post.

In the other issue. The limit is setup at 550x500 is because anything wider than 550 pixels breaks the page layout for the site. I will probably up it when I do a redesign of the site.

purplepickup

I took the sticky off this thread.  It has pretty much served it's purpose and some really good discussions and suggestions came out of it.  Thanks everyone! :D

If anyone has more they would like to add, please do.
George

sirstude

What do you think you are George, a moderator or something, taking the sticky off.   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"What do you think you are George, a moderator or something, taking the sticky off.   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Doug
Yeah, I'd better watch it....all that power is going to my head :lol:  :wink:

Actually I think anyone can take a sticky off a thread they started.
George