Hard shifting trans

Started by btrc, April 17, 2004, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

OK.  I fixed my little trans leak on the C6 in my '37.  It was just the O-ring on the kick down lever.  It seems the lever from the Lokar shifter isn't as thick as the OEM one and it didn't seal properly.  Now for another question.
I'm starting to rack up a few miles and the only complaint I have so far is that the trans is shifting pretty hard.  It hasn't knocked any fillings out yet but it's not far from it.  I talked to the guy I bought the trans from but he can't remember putting any kind of shift kit in it but he did do some bracket racing with it so he might have.  It's been 8 years since I bought it from him and he's kind of disorganized anyway.
Is there anything else that could cause it that i can check or change externally?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob

Sean

My wife likes to ride in my f100 whenever she needs her back popped... :D  

I don't know what my builder did to it, but he didn't want the shift kit I bought for it. Said he didn't need it.

btrc

Quote from: "Crosley"

which shift is the problem or both ?????

The 2nd gear band servo on the side of the tranny comes in a variety of sizes.  This can be changed .

Look at the cover ( 4 bolts on it) there should be a letter cast in the aluminum... ie; " L "  or  "R"  something like that.

Tony,
 Both shifts are a little hard but the 1-2 shift is quite a bit worse. The cover has an "L" on it.  It also has RE-C3VP and DO27-C.  There is a tag on one of the bolts that has PGA   AV and 91 on it.
Thanks for any help.

Bob
Bob