The road trip

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, November 15, 2006, 08:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Had a pretty good road trip last weekend. I picked up a '32 frame jig in St. Louis and delivered my V8-60 to Siloam Springs, AR. The highlight of the trip though was spending some time with wsjunk in Neosho, MO.

I got to road test John's almost complete '32 highboy. Nice driver and very nice workmanship. He took Sharon and I out to dinner Sunday night - very good mexican cuisine. On Monday morning he road with us to deliver the engine. Nice to have a local tour guide. When we got back Hoolie had just arrived and it was off to lunch at the Gearhead Grill where we met 3 more members of John's gang.

Here's a few pics....
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

I was a good visit Charlie.  I was tickled you could stop by.

I got a little more done on the 54 today.  I am hell when I am well but I am seldom well.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

The gearhead is a pretty nice place, and the people down there are pretty nice too, just not pretty.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"The gearhead is a pretty nice place, and the people down there are pretty nice too, just not pretty.

You melt right in with the crowd Frank.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Yeah, I felt like I fell in with a den of thieves, but then I realized that they were my thieves so everything was cool. Had one of the tastiest bacon cheeseburgers ever.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!