Looking for Custom Classic Trucks...

Started by Chebby, October 20, 2006, 09:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chebby

Hi all,

I don't know why but for some strange reason Custom Classic Truck (NOT Classic Trucks) magazine is not put out on magazine racks in my area. It hasn't been for a few months.

Recently, I contacted Primedia (the publishers) and ordered about 5 back issues but unfortunately, they were sold out of August 2006 (Vol. 13, no. 8 ) so now I'm looking everywhere for it.

Does anyone on this message board have a spare August 2006 issue of Custom Classic Trucks magazine???

I'm willing to buy or trade for another magazine. I have older R&C's.

Thank you all for any help you could give me.

Raymond Gallant

1FATGMC

Well I thought you were in luck.  I just looked through all my stacks and couldn't find it and then realized my subscription ran on this past June :cry: .

I should have anything from June back if you find you need one of those.  I didn't like the magazine that much.  I could usually read the whole thing with one trip to the throne 8) , so I didn't re-new it.

c ya,

Sum

slocrow

Quote from: "1FATGMC"I could usually read the whole thing with one trip to the throne 8) , so I didn't re-new it.c ya,Sum
Interesting valuation theory................. :lol: Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"I could usually read the whole thing with one trip to the throne 8) , so I didn't re-new it.c ya,Sum
Interesting valuation theory................. :lol: Frank

Considering I heard he cant read thats great..
Dave :lol:  :lol:

av8

Quote from: "Chebby"Hi all,

I don't know why but for some strange reason Custom Classic Truck (NOT Classic Trucks) magazine is not put out on magazine racks in my area. It hasn't been for a few months.

Recently, I contacted Primedia (the publishers) and ordered about 5 back issues but unfortunately, they were sold out of August 2006 (Vol. 13, no. 8 ) so now I'm looking everywhere for it.

Does anyone on this message board have a spare August 2006 issue of Custom Classic Trucks magazine???

Raymond Gallant

Look no further, Raymond. I have an Aug '06 copy of CCT I'm willing to sell.  The price is $85.37 plus $14.62 for a total of $99.99. With the special RRT discount it works out to  . . . PM me your snail-mail address and it's yours -- no charge.

BTW, are you missing other issues? Someone gave me a gift sub a couple of years ago and I've saved them in case someone has a need rather than pitch them out.

Mike Bishop
Santa Rosa

Chebby

Hi Mike,

You are a Godsend!!! What is your email address?

Chebby

Okiedokie

This brings up a question I have regarding mags. I do receive some mags that I have no desire to save, yet hate to just toss. I wonder at times if there is a place that could use donated automotive mags? Hot Rod, Car Craft, Street Scene, Goodguys Gazette, Clasic Trucks. Any body else do anything except toss em? Yes I do save some titles, just not these. I will have to admit that I am tempted to stop aquiring any new mags and just start re-reading the 100's of old ones from the 50,s to the 90's that I have saved.  Joe

36vicky

Joe,

You might check with a hospital near you about putting your old magazines in some of their waiting rooms.  Maybe the VA hospital, or a senior center.  I've done that here from time to time.  

Be sure to remove your address label.  Much better than just feeding the trash bin.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

Okiedokie

Chebby

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"This brings up a question I have regarding mags. I do receive some mags that I have no desire to save, yet hate to just toss. I wonder at times if there is a place that could use donated automotive mags? Hot Rod, Car Craft, Street Scene, Goodguys Gazette, Clasic Trucks. Any body else do anything except toss em? Yes I do save some titles, just not these. I will have to admit that I am tempted to stop aquiring any new mags and just start re-reading the 100's of old ones from the 50,s to the 90's that I have saved.  Joe

Hi Joe,

I collect an inordinate amount of magazine titles... I'm 59 years old and I'm running out of room. Over the years, I have bought some collections that have yielded duplicates of magazines I already had. I have sold some of them all over the world on eBay. They are not expensive to ship and most recipients are very pleased to have them to fill holes in THEIR collections.

I know giving them to hospitals or doctor's waiting rooms is an option but you'd make a lot more people happy if you listed them on eBay, even if it's only to cover the cost of eBay fees (shipping is always paid by the buyer).

I too have thought that I should stop buying and start re-reading some of my old magazines. At one time, I had started a cataloguing system but didn't continue it. Now that I'm rebuilding an old truck, I find myself going back to the old mags quite often. The problem is that I like to keep abreast of new technologies or new parts being re-popped for my truck so I keep buying. Maybe when the truck is finished I can rethink the magazine purchase issue.

Chebby

sirstude

About once a year, I gather up whatever I have around, too many, and take them down to the local high school shop class.  A friend of mine teaches it and says the kids sure like the magazines.

Dpig
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Quote from: "sirstude"About once a year, I gather up whatever I have around, too many, and take them down to the local high school shop class.  A friend of mine teaches it and says the kids sure like the magazines.

Dpig

I type my name well don't I.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Chebby

Quote from: "av8"
Quote from: "Chebby"Hi all,

Raymond Gallant

Look no further, Raymond. I have an Aug '06 copy of CCT I'm willing to sell.  The price is $85.37 plus $14.62 for a total of $99.99. With the special RRT discount it works out to  . . . PM me your snail-mail address and it's yours -- no charge.

BTW, are you missing other issues? Someone gave me a gift sub a couple of years ago and I've saved them in case someone has a need rather than pitch them out.

Mike Bishop
Santa Rosa

Mike,

I'm going bonkers here looking for a recent email addy to send you my snail-mail address. I tried an old email addy I had of you (AV8) when we discussed you installing a rack and pinion on your solid axle. I had related my "lost steering" incident...

Well, to make a long story short, that addy is not viable anymore... I just got an email to av8ford@volcano.net returned to me as "undeliverable".

Can you email me at Skylark50Three@netscape.net ?

Thanks Mike.

Chebby