2007 HOT ROD Power Tour Schedule
Saturday, June 2: Cleveland, Ohio
Sunday, June 3: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Monday, June 4: Racine, Wisconsin
Tuesday, June 5: Springfield, Illinois
Wednesday, June 6: Evansville, Indiana
Thursday, June 7: Memphis, Tennessee
Friday, June 8: Little Rock, Arkansas
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Hmmm.  That's right in the neighborhood.  I've been a long hauler (drove the full distance) on two Power Tours back when they were longer ('99 & '01).  I had a great time and met many good people on both of them.  It might be time for another one.  I miss seeing some of the regulars and I've never been to Arkansas.  

The problem with Power Tour is that it is very commercialized but I didn't let that bother me.  I just stayed away from that part of it mostly.  The fun is in driving your hotrod to new places and hanging out with a bunch of other rodders.  It's not for everybody but once in a while something like that is fun.
George

alchevy

Anyone that's coming on the Power Tour and has enough spare time to do it, there's plenty to do after the tour. One week from the end of the event you can make you way from Little Rock to Flowood, MS (which is close to Jackson, MS) for the MS Street Rod annual Rod Run (it's a pre-67 event on June 15-16). Then two weeks after that head on up to Nashville, TN for the Good Guys event on June 29-July 1. One month from then will be time to head to Louisville, KY first week of August.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Leon

We'll be on the Power Tour this year, driving the 54 pulling my teardrop.  It will be our 4th long haul.

Grandadeo

We are planning our own Power Tour again in June.  Florida to the LA Roadsters Show and back.  Hope gas prices and the temperature are a little lower this year.  And its going to be less power and more relaxed, covering fewer miles per day.  Of course we've said that both times before.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

alchevy

Lee, when you plan your route, let me know if you will be coming through Vicksburg like last year. Maybe we can get together or something if you will be taking it a little slower pace this year & maybe I won't be filming a wedding at the same time.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Gee that looks like fun..  Im kinda stingy and i dont like to use all my vacation because of deer huntin but i think im gonna talk to sue . That sure looks like fun :!:  My kid has been killin 2 a year so maybe its time he takes over for the old man and i play some more. We are plannin 2 weeks in utah this summer to see the stepdaughter and go to bville :lol:  :lol:
Ive always wanted to go but never had the chance now i do......
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :!:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"Gee that looks like fun..  Im kinda stingy and i dont like to use all my vacation because of deer huntin but i think im gonna talk to sue . That sure looks like fun :!:  My kid has been killin 2 a year so maybe its time he takes over for the old man and i play some more. We are plannin 2 weeks in utah this summer to see the stepdaughter and go to bville :lol:  :lol:

You could take the roadster :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "jusjunk"Gee that looks like fun..  Im kinda stingy and i dont like to use all my vacation because of deer huntin but i think im gonna talk to sue . That sure looks like fun :!:  My kid has been killin 2 a year so maybe its time he takes over for the old man and i play some more. We are plannin 2 weeks in utah this summer to see the stepdaughter and go to bville :lol:  :lol:

Shouldn't be any salt on the roads by then! :wink:
Sorry Dave, I couldn't resist. :evil:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

reborn55

may have to do Springfield to Evansville and break off on the way to Memphis

alchevy

Quote from: "jusjunk"We are plannin 2 weeks in utah this summer to see the stepdaughter

You mention Utah, has anyone been to the car show in Moab in April?
http://www.moab-utah.com/aprilaction/
A friend of mine went out there last year and had a blast. He brought me back a video of the event in 2005. Looked like fun.

www.astreetrodder.com

Bib_Overalls

Big discussion at our club meeting Monday.  The area NSRA rep wants us to go down and work the stop/show at Little Rock.  Most of the members want to meet the tour in Memphis, overnight and then make the last leg.  Got a couple of months to think about which way I will go.  But in any case, I'm hoping to hook up with some of you somewhere along the way.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Grandadeo

Al, not sure what the route to LA will be this year.  It looks like a bunch of us are heading out from Florida so we'll have to see if we can come up with something that makes the most people happy.  Of course when we leave will have some bearing on how many are traveling together.  I always get out there at least by the weekend before the roadster show.  So that may cut down the group size a bit.  I'll keep you posted.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Big discussion at our club meeting Monday.  The area NSRA rep wants us to go down and work the stop/show at Little Rock.  Most of the members want to meet the tour in Memphis, overnight and then make the last leg.  Got a couple of months to think about which way I will go.  But in any case, I'm hoping to hook up with some of you somewhere along the way.

Do yourselves a favor and participate in the event instead of volenteering your time at a stop.  I beleive "Family Events" runs the show now for Hot Rod Mag and they get paid to do it.  Your club members should enjoy themsleves and let the folks that get paid to work, work. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Big discussion at our club meeting Monday.  The area NSRA rep wants us to go down and work the stop/show at Little Rock.  Most of the members want to meet the tour in Memphis, overnight and then make the last leg.  Got a couple of months to think about which way I will go.  But in any case, I'm hoping to hook up with some of you somewhere along the way.

Do yourselves a favor and participate in the event instead of volenteering your time at a stop.  I beleive "Family Events" runs the show now for Hot Rod Mag and they get paid to do it.  Your club members should enjoy themsleves and let the folks that get paid to work, work. :wink:

I'm leaning that way.  Will you be making the run?  Jonesboro is on the secret short cut back to Michigan.  I know a place where you can get a free lunch.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks