my 32 came home!!!

Started by Daveyboy, September 29, 2006, 01:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Well it took 2 yrs of court work and all that mess but it's home. I have the beakes in and all lines run pedle in now i need a seat and then off to sterring. will set the eng and trans in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I got to go out of town for a week or so. here is a pic of it so far. well i hope it pops up

Daveyboy

Daveyboy

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Well it took 2 yrs of court work and all that mess but it's home. I have the beakes in and all lines run pedle in now i need a seat and then off to sterring. will set the eng and trans in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I got to go out of town for a week or so. here is a pic of it so far. well i hope it pops up

Shouldnt that engine be in the car for a test fit? Come on get cracking.
Dave :!:  :arrow:

rumrumm

There is something about the sight of a '32 3 window coupe that makes me feel that same as when I used to watch Baywatch. Am I a sick puppy or what? LOL!!

Glad you got her back, Davey!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

jaybee

Quote from: "rumrumm"There is something about the sight of a '32 3 window coupe that makes me feel that same as when I used to watch Baywatch. Am I a sick puppy or what? LOL!!

Yeah, you're a sick puppy, but aren't we all?  I like construction pics as much as finished car pics, maybe even a little more.  Looks like it's going to be great when done.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

tom36

That gets the old excitement going!  Isn't that one of those bodies fron "down under"? What are your first impressions of the fit and finish?  tom..

enjenjo

I was wondering how you were doing, hadn't heard from you lately.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Daveyboy

Well it loks good so far. They did send me 2 pass door window trims.  But Squeak Bell is got what i need and is hooking me up.  And man there is a ton of steel in this thing  in the doors and all over it.
Trunk is strong and fits good doors the same.

Now what do you do for a gromet where you cut to run the brake through the body? pic anyone?
And who makes a good old style tire in 265/70 15r and 165/70/15r?

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Well it loks good so far. They did send me 2 pass door window trims.  But Squeak Bell is got what i need and is hooking me up.  And man there is a ton of steel in this thing  in the doors and all over it.
Trunk is strong and fits good doors the same.

Now what do you do for a gromet where you cut to run the brake through the body? pic anyone?
And who makes a good old style tire in 265/70 15r and 165/70/15r?

I made my own gromet and tires bf goodrich on the rear i used 285 70 15 big is better  :wink:  Nother trick. Ill maybe have to get a pic. I glassed a piece of exhaust tubing in the firewall for the column to pass thru. Worked slick. Make sure youve got your engine in place and the headers on before you lay out the steering. They tried that on my new roadster project and im going to have to re do it.
:?
Dave

enjenjo

QuoteNow what do you do for a gromet where you cut to run the brake through the body?

Make a flange that fits on the pedal, about 1/2" from the floor, on the bottom side. Cut some sponge rubber and glue it to the flange. It seals the floor, and is a positive pedal stop.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Glad things are working out for you finally.  I have seen it done with pieces of a front door sweeper.  Check out project33.com where he did that for his trunk hinges.  See parts 14-17 of upholstering the trunk, these are the latest he posted.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

rumrumm

QuoteAnd who makes a good old style tire in 265/70 15r and 165/70/15r?

BF Goodrich. Go to their website and use the tire locator to find the sizes  you want.

www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/index.jsp
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Daveyboy

Ok so i need to set my eng and trans next i guess? I need to buy a cherry picker.  Now i want one i can take apart and not a big one. But i need it to handle a 350 and a 700r4.  So what to buy and how big?. I have only rented one before but now it will be in and out a ton as i work on the coupe, so i need to buy
thanks Dave