my 32 came home!!!

Started by Daveyboy, September 29, 2006, 01:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Ok so i need to set my eng and trans next i guess? I need to buy a cherry picker.  Now i want one i can take apart and not a big one. But i need it to handle a 350 and a 700r4.  So what to buy and how big?. I have only rented one before but now it will be in and out a ton as i work on the coupe, so i need to buy
thanks Dave

Ha your a couple days late! I just picked up a folding 2 ton er at harbor freight for 135 and change .. On sale and a coupon.. Read my new pics post and you will see it in one of the pics.. I used it tonite flipping the roadster frame and it worked fine..
Dave

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Well it loks good so far. They did send me 2 pass door window trims.  But Squeak Bell is got what i need and is hooking me up.  And man there is a ton of steel in this thing  in the doors and all over it.
Trunk is strong and fits good doors the same.

Now what do you do for a gromet where you cut to run the brake through the body? pic anyone?
And who makes a good old style tire in 265/70 15r and 165/70/15r?

This is the one that I made for the car I am currently building.  I made it similar to what Frank mentioned but placed it on the outside.  This covers the rather large hole I had cut in the firewall.  Notice also the "Z" I put in the brake pedal arm to move the pedal over from the steering column.  I worked a lot on the pedal placement in this car.  I have seen and driven several that they did not give a thought to the controls when they built the car.  Some cars I have driven have the brake pedal directly under the column and this makes them more difficult to drive.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH