TH350C

Started by 348tripower, September 09, 2006, 10:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I ended up with one of these. Are they any good?  Good in a street rod? How do you lock up the converter?
Don
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

main weakness was the converter lock up clutch.

you lock the converter up just like any lock-up convert..... with a switch manually or a pressure switch used for high gear only lock up.

you need to be careful on how you hook the pressure switch up... the 350C tranny will lock up the converter clutch in reverse if wired incorrectly or a system failure causes lockup .
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Quote from: "Crosley"main weakness was the converter lock up clutch.

you lock the converter up just like any lock-up convert..... with a switch manually or a pressure switch used for high gear only lock up.

you need to be careful on how you hook the pressure switch up... the 350C tranny will lock up the converter clutch in reverse if wired incorrectly or a system failure causes lockup .

Can you give me a wiring diagram?
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

it is a simple 12 volt circuit.  the solenoid has two wires.  One power , one ground.

the pressure switch location can depend on the tranny.  GM did not build them all with the same ports on the valve body.  Or use an external pressure switch at a port near the detent cable location , also near the cooler fittings

If you run a manual switch , then you can run a 12 volt wire to the tranny and ground the solenoid inside the case
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

model a vette

I just read an ad that said Ron Francis (I think) made up a switch which works off the speedo and is adjustable for what speed it locks at.
Ed