A saturday ride

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 27, 2006, 03:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Crosley"actually some HD fellows were leaving as we pulled in to park.  
You were at the Court House. Maybe they have a deal worked out with the Sheriff like Otis had with Andy in Mayberry and Aunt Bee brings them breakfast. GPster

Naw they were probably just being nice and making room for all the imports. Plus they probably headed for Jerome
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "purplepickup"I hit a pheasant with my van and took out most of the grill.  Sure wouldn't want to hit one on a bike.  :shock:  

I did hit a robin with my leg at about 60mph on my bike and he stuck his pecker (beak) right into my calf.  That hurt. :|

We've got a lot of deer around here to watch out for.

Had a large deer or moose thinking about crossing the highway saturday.

He was big with a good rack  , easily jumped back over the barb wire  fence along the freeway.... then I saw two females with him that were behind the fence.

i dont want to hit one of them.  :shock:

HE had a good rack!?!?!?
was that one of those transvestites?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Rayvyn

Quote from: "purplepickup"Sure wouldn't want to hit one on a bike.  :shock:  

Pheasants ride motorsickles... :?:

I guess they wear little leather vests with "Born To Fly" written on them. :wink:

Must be a Michigan thing... :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

purplepickup

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Sure wouldn't want to hit one on a bike.  :shock:  

Pheasants ride motorsickles... :?:

I guess they wear little leather vests with "Born To Fly" written on them. :wink:

Must be a Michigan thing... :lol:  :lol:

Naw, they ride nude except for their helmets and engineer boots.  

You southerners sure lead a sheltered life :?

George

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

They sure are hard to shoot when they're riding a scooter  :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40"They sure are hard to shoot when they're riding a scooter  :P

I thought fer sure that they would prefer a "Goldwing"... :P
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "40"They sure are hard to shoot when they're riding a scooter  :P

I thought fer sure that they would prefer a "Goldwing"... :P

Naw they hang around the Hogs. It's easy pickins for food

exsedan

Quote from: "phat rat"[quote="Crosley
actually some HD fellows were leaving as we pulled in to park.  Whiskey row places were opening up while we sat there solving world problems.

I have never really wondered through the area on foot.

It's a cool area. My wife and I have wandered around there and last year coming back from the trip to Ca. BobK and I wandered it also. I'd recommend the Palace to eat, great atmosphere plus great food. I've been in there three time and not dissapointed yet. If you're ever around there and hungry you ought to give a try.

They'll be having the Arizona Street Rod Assn. (ASRA) High Country Rod Run on September 8, 9, and 10 in Prescott. Cars will be lined up (Saturday) on the block where these pics were taken. Draws about 300 cars and is always a good show........jb EXSEDAN

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Crosley"actually some HD fellows were leaving as we pulled in to park.  
You were at the Court House. Maybe they have a deal worked out with the Sheriff like Otis had with Andy in Mayberry and Aunt Bee brings them breakfast. GPster

Naw they were probably just being nice and making room for all the imports. Plus they probably headed for Jerome

the fellows that can really "ride" an 1800 Goldwing give the HD guys a 20 minute head start on any twisty road like the one into Jerome.  Then we catch them and gently pass them.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

yeah, i think if i was on a goldwing, i'd wanna get the ride over with asap...;)

how's the trip goin'?

phat rat

the fellows that can really "ride" an 1800 Goldwing give the HD guys a 20 minute head start on any twisty road like the one into Jerome.  Then we catch them and gently pass them.

Some how I don't picture it being a gentle pass  :lol:  :lol:

Dave

I dont care what your riding id give you a 15 minute head start and id still be behind you.. Racing on a full dress bike is an easy way to get killed :!:
My harley is for cruzin and besides ive been dead already this year :(
Dave :arrow:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "N8DC"

I dont care what your riding id give you a 15 minute head start and id still be behind you.. Racing on a full dress bike is an easy way to get killed :!:
My harley is for cruzin and besides ive been dead already this year :(
Dave :arrow:

It ain't really racing.  It is difficult for folks to believe how well the  1800 Goldwing will handle curves or tight twisties. :shock:  Run the suspension preload up to max , let it run.

A buddy of mine in Mesa AZ bought his 2004 Harley FJKGFYXL low-boy fat-bob something about 2 months after I bought my 1800.  His bike has 3800 miles , my 1800 has 32,000+ miles. I am on my 3rd set of tires , his bike has the OE rubber.

Quoteyeah, i think if i was on a goldwing, i'd wanna get the ride over with asap...Wink

how's the trip goin'?

Rode 1060 miles on tuesday, about 320 just to meet one fellow.... the 1800 cruises well.  Got home about 1:30Am local time

Now....... on my recent travels I saw more V-twins than Goldwings.  I waved at the V-twin riders as I passed them

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

QuoteA buddy of mine in Mesa AZ bought his 2004 Harley FJKGFYXL low-boy fat-bob something about 2 months after I bought my 1800. His bike has 3800 miles , my 1800 has 32,000+ miles. I am on my 3rd set of tires , his bike has the OE rubber

now ya know why, he still has the original tires on it.
dunlops are crap tires...

QuoteRode 1060 miles on tuesday, about 320 just to meet one fellow.... the 1800 cruises well. Got home about 1:30Am local time

thought you were stopping at blanding...?