A saturday ride

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 27, 2006, 03:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I took a long ride saturday (523 miles)...... met some fellows up north of phoenix.... I-10 and carefree highway @ 5:30AM.  Rode west through Wickenberg to  Yarnelll AZ for breakfast. Good food...9 of us were riding.

Rode to Prescott AZ. We hung around shot the BS , I then split from the group &  rode across  AZ to Taylor AZ to look at the dirt we bought in january... it is still there and still dirt

Some areas of AZ are sorta desolate, in order to chew up some miles I rode a bit fast.  A photo of my Garmin GPS device indicates  speed in mph..  I was alone on the bike & I took the photo.  Who the hell was driving? LOL

Janice is out of town with her sisters.  I may ride some where next week, I took vacation time off.  

Tony
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Sweeeeeeet.  The farther I got to indiana yesterday the more i was upset we didnt take the new harley but after going to the ACD musem in auburn it started to rain and rained most of the way home :lol:  Met some guys that came up to the museum from columbus on thier hogs. They were gonna get wet going home. I dusted mine off today but its still too wet to ride. Rained most of the night and the day today :(  :(
Bummer......... Well i got the rest of riding season here and all next summer and beyond. (all Thanks to the doctors :!: )
Dave

kb426

You're my kind of guy.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

The pic of the bikes lined up. Is that in front of the courthouse in Prescott? If so was a visit to Whiskey Row made and maybe the Palace?  Good food there for sure.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

we did not eat in Prescott, we were at the court house.  I guess the HD guys were not up and running yet.

Rain?

I rode through rain in the Show Low AZ area on saturday..

I slow down in the rain.

Tony

EMSjunkie

Hope you never take a "bird strike" at that speed :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

tomslik

QuotePosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we did not eat in Prescott, we were at the court house. I guess the HD guys were not up and running yet.

we're not trying to make the early bird special at the village inn.... :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Hope you never take a "bird strike" at that speed :shock:

Vance

hit one at about 80 mph 2 years ago, the bird struck the fairing on the 1800.  A fellow in a tahoe pulled along side at a traffic light . He asked if the bird had hit me or the bike.  He said the bird spit feathers about 25 feet in the air

Quotewe're not trying to make the early bird special at the village inn....

actually some HD fellows were leaving as we pulled in to park.  Whiskey row places were opening up while we sat there solving world problems.

I have never really wondered through the area on foot.

:shock:
Tony

EMSjunkie

I hit a pheasant with a 250 Kawasaki at about 70 mph. looked like an explosian at a down pillow factory :shock:  :shock:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

purplepickup

I hit a pheasant with my van and took out most of the grill.  Sure wouldn't want to hit one on a bike.  :shock:  

I did hit a robin with my leg at about 60mph on my bike and he stuck his pecker (beak) right into my calf.  That hurt. :|

We've got a lot of deer around here to watch out for.
George

EMSjunkie

I took a grasshopper to the forehead one afternoon, splattered down across my sunglasses. couldn't see, had to take them off just to pull over.
had a knot on my forehead for a couple days :shock:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"I took a grasshopper to the forehead one afternoon, splattered down across my sunglasses. couldn't see, had to take them off just to pull over.
had a knot on my forehead for a couple days :shock:

Vance

try a june bug to the nose :(  Makes ya wanna cry.
Dave

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"I hit a pheasant with my van and took out most of the grill.  Sure wouldn't want to hit one on a bike.  :shock:  

I did hit a robin with my leg at about 60mph on my bike and he stuck his pecker (beak) right into my calf.  That hurt. :|

We've got a lot of deer around here to watch out for.

Had a large deer or moose thinking about crossing the highway saturday.

He was big with a good rack  , easily jumped back over the barb wire  fence along the freeway.... then I saw two females with him that were behind the fence.

i dont want to hit one of them.  :shock:
Tony

phat rat

[quote="Crosley
actually some HD fellows were leaving as we pulled in to park.  Whiskey row places were opening up while we sat there solving world problems.

I have never really wondered through the area on foot.

It's a cool area. My wife and I have wandered around there and last year coming back from the trip to Ca. BobK and I wandered it also. I'd recommend the Palace to eat, great atmosphere plus great food. I've been in there three time and not dissapointed yet. If you're ever around there and hungry you ought to give a try.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"actually some HD fellows were leaving as we pulled in to park.  
You were at the Court House. Maybe they have a deal worked out with the Sheriff like Otis had with Andy in Mayberry and Aunt Bee brings them breakfast. GPster