what is it?

Started by river1, August 22, 2006, 01:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

I saw Danny this morning.  Showed him the pictures.  He said they were additional window latches.  If they are, then something is missing.  The car will be on display at the Delta River Cruising event next month (Sam's Town, Tunica, MS).  I'll take a look and ask George if I see him.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

DRD57

Dunno, I thought they were for ventilation but last weekend the car was in Ttroy's booth at Pleasanton. Troy's dad walked up to the car and hit the two gizmos with his index fingers, they popped open and he pulled open the door.

Roadstar

Quote from: "sirstude"Door latch, look at any pro stock racer.

yup

river1

this is what i got in reply to an email i sent to cameltoe.

QuoteIT JUST SECURES THE TOP THE WINDOW WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED. THE WINDOW
FRAMES ARE ONLY 3/8" ROD AND TEND TO WANT TO BLOW OUT AT SPEED. THEY
ARE
JUST FRICTION POPERS.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

i took another look at the car this year at speedweek. i noticed what i missed last year, there are corresponding latch points on the upper door frame. so they are indeed latches. here is a pic.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Those are aircraft panel fasteners/latches - push the dot. Commonly used on flush fit panels. Hartwell is the biggest supplier and they make a zillion different ones. Retail $60 and up. They show up on eBay at $10-15 each.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!