what is it?

Started by river1, August 22, 2006, 01:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

this was on one of poteet's bonneville car, all of which are absolutely beautiful.

thanks

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Glen

Fire extinguisher hole that is safe for over 200 mph

btrc

I don't know what that is for but back in 1980 we ran a Don Ness built A/ED that had a latch similar to that on the nose piece.  We asked him what it was for and he said he put it there just so people would wonder what it was for.
Bob

SKR8PN

Since it opens from the inside of the car,I would guess a small ventilation opening that can be sealed up at speed.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Since it opens from the inside of the car,I would guess a small ventilation opening that can be sealed up at speed.

I agree. :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "SKR8PN"Since it opens from the inside of the car,I would guess a small ventilation opening that can be sealed up at speed.

I agree. :D

Vance

Looks like a drain to me. After all, they are racing on a lake bed, right? 8)

What if the car would happen to go in the water...? :-o

I'll be danged if I know. It looks like one of those flaps where you'd plug in the hose to one of those whole house vacuum cleaner thingys... :!:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

Air conditioning for setting at the starting line.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Door latch, look at any pro stock racer.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

So, did I miss the answer?  What is it?  And, what are the numbers under our 'join date' in our avatar?  I'm really not a negative person. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"So, did I miss the answer?  What is it?  And, what are the numbers under our 'join date' in our avatar?  I'm really not a negative person. :lol:

That's your age, look in your personal profile...you've been given an extension in life.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Unforetunately mine is still the same.. :?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"So, did I miss the answer?  What is it?  And, what are the numbers under our 'join date' in our avatar?  I'm really not a negative person. :lol:

kinda young aren't ya?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

I eat breakfast a couple of times a week with the gent that drives Poteet's car hauler.  If I see him in the morning I will ask him what it is.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"

kinda young aren't ya?

8)

That's why I couldn't figure it out.  Went to my profile, and it showed my B'day as 25 Oct 2008...shoots, I wasn't born yet for another three years. :lol:   Wonder how that happened?

BTW Tony, you're only 20?  gonna retire early in a couple years? :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

48builder

Quote from: "river1"this was on one of poteet's bonneville car, all of which are absolutely beautiful.

thanks

later jim

Not sure what he is using it for, but it looks just like the latches we have on the some of the access panels for the munitions hangers on the F-16's I work on.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Wow! Profile says I was born in 2037! Hell....I just hope I'm still around then!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"