Louisville comments

Started by reborn55, August 11, 2006, 11:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

A typical dimwit on the automotive world.

I also get tired of seeing Jenna Jameson name in print. the local fish wrap here seems to print a story on her & Snottsdale AZ argument  twice a week.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Who is the writer?  I left reply #6.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Rayvyn

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Who is the writer?  I left reply #6.

I posted there right after you. Let's see if they leave it up or delete it.
Writer is unknown. I guess he didn't have the cajones to leave his name.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Just checked...replies 6 and 7 are gone. :lol:

Phil

Rayvyn

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Just checked...replies 6 and 7 are gone. :lol:

Here's my reply, in case it was deleted.

Since you didn't have the guts to leave your name, I must assume that the sister you sleep with wrote the above complaint for you. You are from Kentucky, right? The home of albino mongrels with banjos, 7 toed appalachian kids with 3 dads, horse farms run with migrant labor help, and the lowest reading level for high school graduates in the country?

Why didn't you complain about the traffic generated by the Kentucky Derby crowd, or the traffic around the Expo center during Farm Show week? Or could it be that barnyard animals and supplies are right up your alley?

Before you spout off about street rods being crappy old cars and tying up traffic in your precious little town, why don't you complain to your governor about the gas prices that went up over .20 cents a gallon while we were there, or how the hotels and restaurants all raise their prices when we are in town. And as far as large amounts of these crappy cars being collectively gathered under overpasses on the highway, let me take you on a tour of inner Louisville and show you all the broken down junk cars parked alongside of peoples houses. Or, as they say in Kentucky, they are known as "additions".

Don't be mad at a bunch of great people who take the time to build these cars and travel to your state, to meet and spend their money in the confines of your local economy, which benefits the locals immensely, just because you got to work a little late due to traffic. If you were an intelligent adult, you would have forseen this problem and left the house earlier. Alot of the money generated from this event goes to funding equipment and personnel for the L.M.P.D., which protects your children while they're home watching Sponge Bob and playing video games.

Just because your parents made you play with multi-gendered dolls in your teen years instead of doing something manly like learning a trade, don't take it out on the folks who drive these cars. Alot of them are bankers, business owners, brokers, doctors and other business professionals. Don't lop us all into the dirty, greasy, redneck, chew spitting, mullet wearing crowd that seems to show up at these shows as "Spectators".

Go back to watching Rosie O'Donnell, driving your corn oil and lp gas burning hybrid, and hugging trees to save the spotted owls, and put your criticism aside until you get your facts straight. And make sure you check with your sister to see if it's okay to reply to this.
***SFC-Team Smart***

EMSjunkie

I wonder if this nimrod is * because he couldn't get to his Gay Pride day Parade. :lol:

obviously he is gay :shock:

people like him really chap my ars

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

rumrumm

I left the new #6 reply. In case they delete it, here it is:

The most disappointing thing about this ridiculous article involves the utter lack of journalistic integrity on the part of the writer. Instead of doing the necessary research to find out some facts about the street rod hobby and its many aficionados, the writer takes aims with his/her ignorance and blasts away with his/her stupidity. Shame on you. And shame on this blog for allowing such pathetic writing to actually be served up to the public. I don't know if the writer is male or femaleā€“it doesn't matter. Idiots come in both genders.

Dang, Ravyn, that response was a hoot! I think you were p*ssed! LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

58 Yeoman

Geez, I feel so insignificant.  I only posted something like:

Taken from Dan Akroyd to Jane Curtain from the original Saturday Night Live:

Jane, you ignorant *.

rumrum, you've also been deleted.

Phil

Uncle Bob

Well, that's what blogs are about............just spoutin' off.  A quote from their "About Us" page; "More Than Derby publishes posts ranging from in-depth features and insightful interviews to bona fide scoops and petty gossip."  Not sure if this piece qualifies as petty gossip (well, it did get the petty part right), but it sure ain't in-depth or insightful and not much of a scoop.  

Looking at the images on the "Our Staff" page, looks like they're not our target market  :) .  Sadly, if they have a lot of company, and lump all "old" cars together, the crappy and the good, they can prompt legislators to mischief.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Bryan.....Why don't you let that buttcrack know how you REALLY feel  :P
Too bad they don't have the nads to post your reply!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40"Bryan.....Why don't you let that buttcrack know how you REALLY feel  :P
Too bad they don't have the nads to post your reply!!

He better hope I don't let loose on him... :twisted:  :D

That comment about gathering under overpasses really hit hard. I've been in some mighty seedy places in my time, but I've never hung out under overpasses. Unless there's a tornado coming or someone threatens to take me to Amarillo, I don't hide under overpasses. There's no room. That's where all the illegals hide during the day... :D

I think I'll go buy a crappy car and spend a fortune turning it into a shiny crappy car.  Gawd forbid what he thinks about Rat Rods... :?  If there's one thing I hate, it's limpwristed bloggers... :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

phat rat

If there's one thing I hate, it's limpwristed bloggers...  

REALLY! ARE YOU SURE? :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

Quote from: "phat rat"If there's one thing I hate, it's limpwristed bloggers...  

REALLY! ARE YOU SURE? :lol:  :lol:

i thought he said "limpwristed LOGGERS" :oops:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
obviously he is gay :shock:

people like him really chap my ars

Vance

too much information

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)