memories

Started by phat rat, July 19, 2006, 08:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"Sorry guys - I don't remember any of that stuff - Must be waaaaay before my time :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Mike

That's the trouble with you young whippersnappers :P  you don't remember back then, course sometimes us older fellas only remember back then not now.  :lol:  How many here remember Watkins?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

blksheep

How bout milk in glass quarts and when you removed the cardboard tab lid, the cream would be stuck to it?? Or, fireballs, rootbeer barrel balls, real creamsickles and fudgesickles?? Always carring some sort of bottle opener, 6 packs in a carton, or going to the local store to get yer ole man a $.25 pack of Luckys?? Hall monitors and classmate crossing guards, penny candy and Nehi soft drinks?? And goin to the movies ALL DAY Saturdays, buyin Ju Ju Bees, Black Cows, cotton candy or, GoodnPlentys?? OR, taken your new girl to the movies and suddenly realizing it was going to cost $1.50 or maybe, $2.00 that day??
And if you lived in upstate N.Y., it was Friehoffer's Bakery and The Freddie Friehoffer Show everyday. Remember Annette in her Mouseketeer outfit??

...in Charlotte

donsrods

Remember Annette in her Mouseketeer outfit??

Ah yes, Annette and her Mouseketeer outfit.  She was the original hottie. I had this 12 year old boy dream of building a '50 Ford, driving to California, and taking her out on a date. Just knew she would go, too.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Then there was the Sears Roebuck catalog that we all waited to receive every year. (especially for the womens lingerie section  :lol:  :lol: ) Another 12 year old's fantasy.

Don

phat rat

Quote from: "donsrods"Remember Annette in her Mouseketeer outfit??

Ah yes, Annette and her Mouseketeer outfit.  She was the original hottie. I had this 12 year old boy dream of building a '50 Ford, driving to California, and taking her out on a date. Just knew she would go, too.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Then there was the Sears Roebuck catalog that we all waited to receive every year. (especially for the womens lingerie section  :lol:  :lol: ) Another 12 year old's fantasy.

Don

Dirty old man  :P :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "phat rat"

You have no idea!!! :roll:

If you've ever sat in a project in the garage, behind the wheel, going "vroom, vroom" then you probably clothes pinned trading cards on your bicycle so it would make what you thought was a motorcycle sound as the spokes whapped at the card. :D
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

phat46

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"

If you've ever sat in a project in the garage, behind the wheel, going "vroom, vroom" then you probably clothes pinned trading cards on your bicycle so it would make what you thought was a motorcycle sound as the spokes whapped at the card. :D

Yeah, but ballons were way louder!!!!!  :lol:  We used to have a guy with a horse drawn wagon come around the neighborhood and sell vegetables when i was a kid (yeah, we did have cars then too!)  :roll:

Olderndirt2

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "Uncle Bob"

Yeah, but ballons were way louder!!!!!  :lol:  We used to have a guy with a horse drawn wagon come around the neighborhood and sell vegetables when i was a kid (yeah, we did have cars then too!)  :roll:

I remember when ice was delivered via a horse drawn wagon. We used to chase it in hopes of getting a free sliver or two.

Uncle Bob

Some things "die" of a change in general interest............others are done away by notions of PC thinking.  Remember candy cigarettes?  The evils of tobacco and processed sugar all in one package! :-o
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

58 Yeoman

We had the milk man come around driving his Divco truck.  We thought it was so cool, as he could drive it standing up, and it had the two side mirrors that he could use while sitting or standing.  We also had the Omar man come around with his squarish truck, selling bread and donuts, etc.  We used to sit 'uptown' on the store steps (two grocery stores, a couple taverns, and a post office, pop. 150), and wait for the 'Gold Award' potato chip guy to deliver to the businesses.  He always came out with the chips, etc. that didn't sell, and would throw the bags to us.  Gee, they didn't have expiration dates back in the 50's.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

slocrow

See what you've started, Jack.................... :D
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"See what you've started, Jack.................... :D

Sorry, didn't realize it would degenerate to this :oops:

river1

what did you think it would degenerate to????  his is the RRT you know :D  :D  :D  :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

Quote from: "river1"

what did you think it would degenerate to????  his is the RRT you know :D  :D  :D  :D

later jim

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: