memories

Started by phat rat, July 19, 2006, 08:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

how many here remember Fullerbrush? For the record I do. This was a rumble seat cpe.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

So did you drag it home?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

donsrods

Yep, they came door to door selling brooms, brushes, etc.  Products were actually pretty good, and this was before you could go to a Walmart or the like, so a lot of people bought from them.

How many of you remember S and H green stamps?  We always had a few half filled books at home, and I think we actually got some gifts from completed books.

Don

Leon

We used to get double stamps from the gas station on certain days, so we'd wait to fill up then.  When I was a kid my mom let me save the stamps and one year I "bought" him a hand saw for Christmas with the stamps.  We also got "Blue Chip" stamps at the store.

phat rat

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"So did you drag it home?

Nope. It's so far back in the trees it'd take some real saw work to get it out.  Plus it's in da U.P. and I had the travel trailer on behind. Did snag a  really nice pair of Guide lights though, absolutely no rust on them. Here's a pic of another treasure there.

phat46

I had an uncle in Grand Rapids that sold Fuller Brush for a living, did pretty good too as i remember; he lived in a nice house on the side of a hill. Are ya gonna tell us where those are in the Upper? Not by Iron Mountain are they?  :wink:

phat rat

No they are not near Iron Mt. I think I'll go back up there in the future so I'll keep it under my hat as to where they are

HotRodLadyCrusr

My mother sold Fuller Brush door to door when us kids were young.  She put herself through college doing that and making potatoe salad for the local deli.  I believe there is a Fuller Brush outlet at Birch Run here in Michigan.  I remember purchasing a hairbrush there about 10 years ago.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

BFS57

Hello;
O.K. all you, how many remember the Jewell Tea Co.? As a past resident of the L.A. area, as a kid I remember the Helm's Bakery truck coming down our street and we would stop him and he would go to the back of the truck and pull out these long dwars filled with donuts. What a memory!
Man, those were really good old days, gone forever!

Bruce

phat rat

There wasn't a Jewell Tea Company store in Muskegon, but a younger brother worked at one in Kalamazoo while going to college in the late 60's

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"No they are not near Iron Mt. I think I'll go back up there in the future so I'll keep it under my hat as to where they are

Still lots of old stuff up there if ya know where to look, near my deer camp by Iron River there's an old farm that is littered with old stuff, cars trucks farm equiptment and many old tractors. I stood in one spot and turned ina circle and counted 13 tractors with several more "out back". It's still amazes me to see old vehicles out behind house/barns and no ones has "found" them yet. It's just a matter of time till they're all gone. The reason i asked about Iron Mt. is that there is a known stash that's nearly right in town there.

Uncle Bob

Looks like a '35/6 5 window, neat find.

Loved those Helm's bakery trucks.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

phat rat

Looks like a '35/6 5 window, neat find.

That's what it is. Rumble lid was gone and it had been replaced by sheetmetal with gate hinges

Olderndirt2

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Looks like a '35/6 5 window, neat find.

Loved those Helm's bakery trucks.

How 'bout the Good Humor man, Coast Ice Cream Stores and Van De Kamp's bakeries?

n.c.rodder

Sorry guys - I don't remember any of that stuff - Must be waaaaay before my time :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street