My dream shop

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, July 05, 2006, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Don't look now, but that's the 1-800-GARAGE..... LOL.
Charlie

What....IT's Fiberglass! hahahahahah

Looks great Ken, but sorry you don't get the girl :(U)

See you soon man.

parklane

Quote from: "Mikej"They do have some new insulation now for under the floor. It comes in a roll and is about a 1/4" thick. Same r-value as 2" foam. Don't know the price. Would be much easier though.

If that's the stuff that looks like bubbles with aluminum type of foil on each side, I can't see how they can claim the same R value as 2" foam, unless u'r talkin that white foam which has a R vaue of about 1 per 1". Use the blue/pink foam that is about2.5 per 1" You pay for it once, but saves you $$ as long as u own it.

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Have a good start on my dream shop, about half way.
Plan under floor heat, 12X30 2nd floor, bath room, office, hoist, etc.
Shop is 30X40 with 14 ft ceiling.  Plan down draft vent for painting and white steel interior for easy cleaning.
Later, Ken

PS dam I think it's to small!

Now that you have a properly configured climate controlled beer storage and testing facility, are you gonna build a shop for the car? :D  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Now that you have a properly configured climate controlled beer storage and testing facility, are you gonna build a shop for the car?    

ROTFLMAO what was it that gave it away?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

1FATGMC

Ken what kind of lift are you getting??

I still love the 10,000 lb. wide 2 post Bend Pak I got and would get another in an instant.  If you need the site where I got mine let me know.  Everything came as they said it would and the last time I checked they were about $2400 delivered.  

If you are getting a 2 post you might think about reinforcing the floor a little where it will be.  They will work with a 4 inch floor, but if you know you are going to put one in it is easy to make the post area about 6 inches thick and throw some extra re-bar there.  That is what I did, see picture.  My pads are in 13 feet from the door and that has worked good for me.

You are going to love the shop, but I guess you already knew that.  Hope you can get something done in there as it looks like the guys near you think it is going to be a bar or something :roll:

c ya soon,

Sum

phat rat

looks like the guys near you think it is going to be a bar or something  

Sum, you don't know Kenny real well. That's all I'm gonna say :wink:

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "parklane"
Quote from: "Mikej"They do have some new insulation now for under the floor. It comes in a roll and is about a 1/4" thick. Same r-value as 2" foam. Don't know the price. Would be much easier though.

If that's the stuff that looks like bubbles with aluminum type of foil on each side, I can't see how they can claim the same R value as 2" foam, unless u'r talkin that white foam which has a R vaue of about 1 per 1". Use the blue/pink foam that is about2.5 per 1" You pay for it once, but saves you $$ as long as u own it.

John :)

I'm using a Dow product, pink, 2" thick R-value is 10.  If anybody has a name or source for this new stuff, please let me know and I will check it out.  As you may know the 2" foam is about $23.00 a sheet and I need 40 sheets. :(

Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "1FATGMC
Ken what kind of lift are you getting??

Sum[/quote

Don't yet know which brand I will be getting, but I would like a 4 poster.  That's if I have any money left.  Things will go slower now but hope to, it least, get the floor, heating and ceiling in by winter.  The month of August is shot, as I'll be out west playing with you. :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Mikej

Brand name is: Reflectik. Comes in a roll 4'x 125' - 500 sq ft  - price about $225 a roll. I not sure on the R-value. I think it was about 11. Will post later.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"........white steel interior for easy cleaning.
Later, Ken

Why worry about cleaning the walls, if you are like me they will look like the picture anyway :wink: .  And if you look at the rest of the pictures you will see things don't get much better.  Also notice how little space the 2 post lift takes.

PM me your phone number.  I want to talk to you about the lift and the trip west :D .

Here are the:
( REST OF MY SHOP PICTURES  ).

c ya, Sum

Mikej

Quote from: "Mikej"Brand name is: Reflectik. Comes in a roll 4'x 125' - 500 sq ft  - price about $225 a roll. I not sure on the R-value. I think it was about 11. Will post later.

I misspelled the brand name. It is Reflectix. There is a web site. Reflectixinc.com  The R-value is only1.1 according to their web site. My supplier wasn't in for me to ask him questions.

phat rat

Will the stage and brass poll be on the main floor or in the balcony?

Sum, this brass pole isn't for the fireman in Kenny,  it would come up through the stage and be used by a person of the gentler persuasion who would be dressed in shall we say some what brief attire suitable for holding green bills. :roll:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"Will the stage and brass poll be on the main floor or in the balcony?

Sum, this brass pole isn't for the fireman in Kenny,  it would come up through the stage and be used by a person of the gentler persuasion who would be dressed in shall we say some what brief attire suitable for holding green bills. :roll:

What?
No provisions for one of those hanging glittery Disco Balls...?  :?

This will be the only shop around with a cover charge... :D

That'll be the next thread...
"What's the best way to polish my pole?"    8)  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

That'll be the next thread...
"What's the best way to polish my pole?"

He's already got that covered :lol:

this brass pole isn't for the fireman in Kenny, it would come up through the stage and be used by a person of the gentler persuasion who would be dressed in shall we say some what brief attire suitable for holding green bills

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "phat rat"That'll be the next thread...
"What's the best way to polish my pole?"

He's already got that covered :lol:

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  Now thats funny :!:  :!:
Till we meet - On the street