My dream shop

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, July 05, 2006, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Have a good start on my dream shop, about half way.
Plan under floor heat, 12X30 2nd floor, bath room, office, hoist, etc.
Shop is 30X40 with 14 ft ceiling.  Plan down draft vent for painting and white steel interior for easy cleaning.
Later, Ken

PS dam I think it's to small!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

Man you don't mess around do you Ken? :shock:   You were just talking about starting your shop when we were at Indy.  That's going to be one heck of an retirement present to yourself, all decked out like that.
:b-d:
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Make sure there's room for me and Big Olds sweetie! :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Ohio Blue Tip

Always be room for you doll! :D
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "purplepickup"Man you don't mess around do you Ken? :shock:   You were just talking about starting your shop when we were at Indy.  That's going to be one heck of an retirement present to yourself, all decked out like that.
:b-d:

Don't look now, but that's the 1-800-GARAGE..... LOL. But he's working on his part now. When I checked on him this morning he was preparing to get some more fill in for the floor and approach. I think it'll be pretty nice, especially when he gets the hoist in for me to use!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Looks nice Ken.....Are you doing the work yourself?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

rumrumm

Wow! What a great place to work in. Congratulations on the dream (almost) come true!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

slocrow

Will the stage and brass poll be on the main floor or in the balcony? Is that the two refrigerator unit?............... :lol: :lol:
Looks good Cookie. Add a bed and you should be able to rent out the house. A bed also prevents digging a tunnel through that white stuff in Jan & Feb. ..................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "40"Looks nice Ken.....Are you doing the work yourself?

I had the building shell erected and now I'm doing the finishing.  I'll prepare the floor and then have the cement work done.  The floor will have 2" of foam, wire mesh and 1200 ft of tubing.  I well be hanging the 3200 sq ft of steel, doing the wiring, plumbing and finish work.  I will be contracting the insulation, 18" in the ceiling and 8.5" in the walls.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "slocrow"Will the stage and brass poll be on the main floor or in the balcony? Is that the two refrigerator unit?............... :lol: :lol:
Looks good Cookie. Add a bed and you should be able to rent out the house. A bed also prevents digging a tunnel through that white stuff in Jan & Feb. ..................Frank

Frank, the brass pole goes through the 2nd floor, so will be 14'.  Yes it will be it least a 2 refrigerator shop.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Mikej

They do have some new insulation now for under the floor. It comes in a roll and is about a 1/4" thick. Same r-value as 2" foam. Don't know the price. Would be much easier though.

Rex Schimmer

Garages are like *, there is no such thing as "to big"! I have a 1500 sq footer and my next one is going to be bigger and I am going to makeup for it by building a smaller house.

Great looking shop!

Rex

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"Looks nice Ken.....Are you doing the work yourself?

Shouldn't you be at the post office or something instead of surfing the internet???? :roll:  :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Ohio Blue Tip

Shouldn't you be at the post office or something instead of surfing the internet???? :roll:  :wink:[/quote]

Worked on the shop this morning.  Got to golf at 3:30 and then get ready for delta.  Saturday morning I've got 25 yards of fill comong, bring your shovel. :lol:
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Glen

Quote from: "slocrow"Will the stage and brass poll be on the main floor or in the balcony?

Dont laugh, my new shop will see one.  there is a website to purchase them from.