1 month 'til Louisville!!!!!

Started by alchevy, June 30, 2006, 06:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

My group will be going up there on the Tuesday of the week. So one month from today, I will be packing the '40. What this means is I have 1 month to get it back on the road.
AL

Last year's pictures: http://www.astreetrodder.com/2005_nsra_nats.htm
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

I'll be there wednesday. I am flying out of Louisville sat. evening to go to Las Vagas, so I can be at my new grandson's christening.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40chevy"My group will be going up there on the Tuesday of the week. So one month from today, I will be packing the '40. What this means is I have 1 month to get it back on the road.
AL

Last year's pictures: http://www.astreetrodder.com/2005_nsra_nats.htm

I'll be showin' up Tuesday night through Sunday evening. Hope to see ya' there. Gotta bunch of car shopping to do.

Frank, will the BBQ be making an appearance?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Charlie Chops 1940

OBT and I will be in Louisville sometime Tuesday afternoon. We're planning on heading west Saturday morning. We aren't as tough as that purple pickup guy..we need 3 days to get to Utah. There's nothing at the end of my daily rainbow that makes me wanna drive 800 miles a day.

See ya all there.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

I'll be there Thursday thru Saturday. :D   I missed seeing y'all last year. :(

I'll probably drive a daily driver this year.  Money's a little tight right now and I just compared gas cost to drive purple truck ($941), full sized van ($882), Eldorado ($556), and LeSabre ($535).  That's figuring 5000 miles including Bonneville.  It wouldn't be the same without PP but then, just seeing all of you again will probably be enough of a treat no matter how I get there. :wink:
George

Glad to see lots of RRT'rs are planning to make Louisville! I'll be arriving either late Wednesday evening or most likely Thursday morning....staying at the Bob K hotel....rrrr....I mean the Holiday Inn.Look forward to seeing everyone!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

alchevy

Well, I spent most of today working on my '40 Chevy to get it back on the road for the Louisville trip. Two of my friends came over Monday night and got the fuel door installed into the new fender; welded up my exhaust with the new header on the passenger side; installed the new LED taillights. During the week we made up the new spark plug wires to match the lengths of the old ones.
Today I installed the plug wires; put the new front passenger side fender on the car; re-attached the grill and the section under the grill; the mechanism to latch the hood; the headlight and turn signal onto the new fender.
Now my hood won't close and latch so I've got to do some adjusting. The new front fender fits the grill better than the old one did.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

rumrumm

I will be there Thursday-Saturday and will head home on Sunday. See y'all there!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

alchevy

Well, last week some more work was done to the '40. I sold my old front fender to a friend earlier in the month. He did not need the piece behind the grill that's attached to the fender, but on that fender, that piece had been bondo-ed and tack welded to the fender. So his body shop guys cut it off and he sent it back to me. Without that piece, there was some missing support up front and the hood would not close. Before that piece arrived back to me, I was trying to get the hood to close by loosening up the fender bolts. Got it to close one time and then I tightened up the bolts and reluctantly opened the hood again to see if it would shut...it didn't. But now that the missing piece is back in place, it worked this time. Had plans to work on the car at a friend's shop on Saturday after I got off from work, but heavy rain showers came and changed our plans. So now the plan is to drive the car over there after work on Monday. Got to do some changing to the exhaust on the passenger side where it was hard to get to to weld and tackle the other side too. I've got the new driver's side rear fender just about bolted on to make the trip to his house and the new running board too. Got to put in a few more bolts. I wander if I will get any strange looks driving the car down the road with running boards on one side and not on the other!
Still got to solder the wire going to the electric fan. A street rod with different color fenders & running boards looks like progress, right??

Boy, they had some nice temps in Louisville over the weekend! High on Saturday was forecasted to be 80. It's even nice here after setting records last week for high temps. I saw on the weather channel where the highest low temp of 100 degrees was set last week in another state.

I can remember one morning at the Nats, it was dark outside as we were waiting in line for them to open the gates at 5:30am and the temp on the sign over the gate said that it was 80 degrees and I knew it was going to be a hot day. I mean you are looking at hot rods in hot temps. No, I was probably inside soaking up some of that A/C.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Charlie Chops 1940

Al,

Nobody looking can see both sides at once so they'll never know.

See ya there.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

alchevy

Charlie,
I hope to get to meet you this year while at Louisville. I think I spotted your car one year.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

reborn55

Al--will be there Thursday-Saturday.  will have to look for you since Dodge whould be on the way to New York by then.  Hope the wifes finds something she likes to bring home with us.  See ya then.

alchevy

Ken, I hope to be on the grassy lot by the swap meet area next to the row of trees that go down the side of the swap meet. I'm getting closer to going now. My '40 Chevy is ready for the trip. I will snap some pictures of it in the morning...looks different now with the new fenders and running boards.

http://kfec.win.net/images/diagrams/parking_map.gif
Lot "D" is normally the swap meet area. That curved line between Lots "C" & "D" is the fence line row of trees I was talking about. Last year, my car was parked close to South Wing "A" along the tree line and the RRT area was in Lot "C" along the verticle line on the left side of the grassy lot about even with the line between South Wing "A" & "B". If that makes any sense to you.

Check your PM.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Pictures of my '40 Chevy with all of the new stuff.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

On one of the message boards I frequent(dont remember which one), someone said they heard a rumor that NSRA was only letting the big tents go up on grassy areas and not on the parking lot. My dad called NSRA today and they said it was completely FALSE. Im not trying to derail this thread, I just wanted to let you guys know that if you are putting a big tent up, you can put it whereever you want.