o/t Getting pretty helthy around here.

Started by Dave, June 29, 2006, 09:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Cant even remember the time i had fruit and toast for breakfast :lol:  :lol:
Sue is treating me way to healthy. I did sleep better lastnight and ive got meicine for my cough . The cough along with loosing my voice easy from all the chit stuffed down my throat is my only hang ups at the moment cept for sheer bordom. I just cant wait till the therapy on monday cause i get to go for a ride as silly as it may sound. Once you get used to just climbing behind the wheel and heading out its hard to imagine it cant be done untill the doctor clears you :?:  :?:  Im gonna work hard at rehab this has gotta work and work good 8)  8)
Dave
Oh ya im planning my day. Transfer stuff to new wallett look at new wallett admire new wallett ah geeeeze

efingstein

Congrats. You've gotta keep your self healthy. My dad almost lost his sight a few years back. Luckily, the Docs caught it in time. He couldn't drive for almost 2 years. Now he's learning how to drive again (judging distances and perefial vision being the hardest part for him). He's getting better, but, my mom still won't ride with him. :D
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

58 Yeoman

Ya know, a good thing to do if you get bored is to transfer stuff to a new wallet, then study it for a while so you know exactly where everything is. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

slocrow

Dave; I think you must have had your throat injured from the vent tube. It'll pass with rest and that "new" good diet.
With all that coughing why don't you have Sue check for a hernia.......... :lol: BalBus10Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Dave; I think you must have had your throat injured from the vent tube. It'll pass with rest and that "new" good diet.
With all that coughing why don't you have Sue check for a hernia.......... :lol: BalBus10Frank

hey had a good buddy call this morning to check on me > The number kinda thru me cause it came from the u of m and i thought maYbe it was the horsepistol calling and i havent really felt like talking much yet. Long story short he is next on the list to have sue help him shower 8)  :lol:  8)  :lol:
Dave

EMSjunkie

Glad you are on the mend Dave.

a man in your condition really should avoid excitement..........if ya know what I mean :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

Quote from: "N8DC"I just cant wait till the therapy on monday cause i get to go for a ride as silly as it may sound. Once you get used to just climbing behind the wheel and heading out its hard to imagine it cant be done untill the doctor clears you :?:  :?:  
Been there, done that for 10 years. You probably won't take that long. The worst part is that for those 10 years I could look in every field and behind every barn for old cars. No faster than my brain works I shouldn't look at anything but straight ahead now. When I get a rental car for Bonneville I can't even drive in Nevada because of the billboards. GPster

Dave

[New wallett is done . Sue bought me new shoes but she shoulda got the wide models cause my one foot hasnt been right for years so she is gonna take them back. Bought a new wireless wired router and now with my laptop and my wireless caard im good even out on the new deck. Glad I got that going fore the big mess. I dont have a railing so sue wont lwt me get close to the edge but ive been out there a few hours every day. I built it with no intenions of ever using a deck  :?:  :?:  :idea: But its been nice. Kid is comming over tonight maybe ill get him to mow for food...
Dave
Lets see wallett router time out on deck :?:  :?:  :?: Oh ya  na$car stuff tonight.

GPster

Quote from: "efingstein"Congrats. You've gotta keep your self healthy. My dad almost lost his sight a few years back. Luckily, the Docs caught it in time. He couldn't drive for almost 2 years. Now he's learning how to drive again (judging distances and perefial vision being the hardest part for him). He's getting better, but, my mom still won't ride with him. :D
Tell him that's the best thing. When I went through driver's assentment it was found that being alone in the car was the easiest way to concentrate on driving. I have no perefiferal vision because of nerve damage to the right side of my head. My left eye doesn't turn but that eye still sees so if I don't concentrate I can get double vision. My glasses have one clear lens and only my good eye is corrected. That makes it easier to distinguish what image to recognize and the rest of the sorting is done in my mind. For that reason my mind is always busier than it appears and trying to talk or listen or think or ignore so it's easier to be alone. People used to say I only have half a mind but now it's a compliment. GPster

donsrods

I know what you mean about the "wallet routine."  After my heart attack I took up collecting baseball and football cards. I would go to the 7-11 every day and buy a couple of packs of bubblegums and throw that away and save the cards. Then I started buying sealed boxes and wrapping them in newspaper to store away. Funny part is, I KNOW ZIP about baseball or football, and could care less. I was just that bored. I still hate the games.

It did pay off, because 15 years later I dug the cards out and found out I hac some rookie cards in those sealed boxes that were now worth some real money. Sold them on Ebay and bought car parts.....what else.

Glad you are on the mend. You are going through exactly the same PITA stuff all of us survivors have gone through, but there is one thing to keep in mind.  IT BEATS THE ALTERNATIVE. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Deuce

Been there ... done that ...
Have the 15 inch scar to prove it  :)

Just take it easy and do what the Doctors say. I had 5 bypasses ... 5 years ago. I was so bored I started messing with the computer and the internet. My wife already had everything in the house but I was not interested in it before my heart attack.

Things return to mostly normal in 6 to 8 months. Life, work and HOBBYS ...

It will change your outlook on life ... and make you real thankful for your life, your wife and family. Do not sweat the small stuff and after a Heart attack ... most everything is small stuff ...

Deuce  :D
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Dave

Todays List of things to do

l

That covers it
Dave
Actually Sue says it says in my little book that I can go for a walk. I AM so stiff from sitting it sounds like a great idea for later. Not far just down the street.

GPster

Quote from: "N8DC"Todays List of things to do
That covers it
DaveActually Sue says it says in my little book that I can go for a walk. I AM so stiff from sitting it sounds like a great idea for later. Not far just down the street.
One place that you'll find it easy to walk is a swimming pool. Linda works for an agency that has a theraputic pool that is kept above 85 degrees (although that might be hard to find) but walking where your body is somewhat floating is easier after you've be crumbled up in a chair. GPster

Uncle Bob

Glad you're on the mend.  Is tackling boredom part of the rehab workout? :wink:
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

GPster

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Glad you're on the mend.  Is tackling boredom part of the rehab workout? :wink:
another part is not remembering how fast you used to get it done. Just look at "I got something done" or "I'm that much closer to having it done". GPster