VW style trunk latch

Started by WZ JUNK, June 26, 2006, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

A lot of street rods catalogs show a latch assembly that looks like a VW trunk latch.  Most of the catalogs show them at about $50.  I know I saw an ad in a magazine showing the same latch for $20 to $25 but now I can not find the ad.   (CRS)   Can anyone help me find what I want for the price I want to pay.  TIA

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Do a search on ebay for VW hood latch.  I came up with these two, though they are used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-bug-beetle-engine-lid-latch_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ019QQitemZ8071826910QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-VW-BEETLE-BUG-VOLKSWAGEN-ENGINE-LID-LATCH-BUTTON_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQihZ002QQitemZ4576157257QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I appreciate you looking for me but those are the wrong latches.  I need the one for the trunk and those are for the engine cover.  It is a little confusing on a VW.  I will try to do an ebay search later today.  I do not use ebay much and I forget to search for stuff there.  Thanks for helping.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Inprimer

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"A lot of street rods catalogs show a latch assembly that looks like a VW trunk latch.  Most of the catalogs show them at about $50.  I know I saw an ad in a magazine showing the same latch for $20 to $25 but now I can not find the ad.   (CRS)   Can anyone help me find what I want for the price I want to pay.  TIA

John
I just checked on THESAMBA.COM there is a guy out of ILL. that sells them for $15.00 I dont know how to post a pix but I can E mail you a pix of them the addy is Vintageautowerks1      815 547 4323........ my mail is, SERGEA647@yahoo.com

abonecoupe31

Harold Ehle of Windsor Fabrications, in Battle Creek, MI sells a complete bear claw latch setup for Model A's that uses a tiny bear claw.  That is the problem with bear claws, trying to find a small enough one to fit in the A door without getting in the way of the glass.  

Hope this helps.

Mark

tom36