N8DC Monday update

Started by 348tripower, June 19, 2006, 11:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Sue just stopped in here at work. David is still sedated and on the ventilator. He is being treated for penumonia. The doctors have told Sue there is no brain damage, but are unsure about the condition of his heart. They are medicating him for the penumonia. I will update when I have more info.
Don
Don Colliau

Scrap Fe

Thanks for the update Don.

We will continue to keep him in our prayers.

jaybee

Thanks.  Our thoughts and prayers are with him.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Tahnks for the update, at least there is a little positive news in there.

purplepickup

George

midnight sun

Quote from: "348tripower"Sue just stopped in here at work. David is still sedated and on the ventilator. He is being treated for penumonia. The doctors have told Sue there is no brain damage, but are unsure about the condition of his heart. They are medicating him for the penumonia. I will update when I have more info.
Don

Thanks Don.  Hang in there.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Charlie Chops 1940

Thank you Don, for keeping us up-to-date. We sure appreciate it. What hospital is he in?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

348tripower

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Thank you Don, for keeping us up-to-date. We sure appreciate it. What hospital is he in?

Charlie

Charlie,
 St. Joseph in Ann Arbor.  Later today we got word that he is responding to the medication.  Looking better now.
Don
Don Colliau

EMSjunkie

Thanks for the update Don, we are keeping ya'all in our thought and prayers.

pneumonia is a comman side effect from mechanical ventilation.
more often than not we tend to overinflate the lungs, which causes baro-trauma, which leads to inflamed airways, which leads to increased mucus production, which leads to pneumonia.  :?

keep the good news coming

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

sal37

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Thank you Don, for keeping us up-to-date. We sure appreciate it. What hospital is he in?

Charlie

Charlie,
 St. Joseph in Ann Arbor.  Later today we got word that he is responding to the medication.  Looking better now.
Don

Thanks for the update Don, hope he keeps his spirits up

Steve

slocrow

Thanks for the good news Don. It seems like things are on the mends. I imagine that the scoundrel won't be bumming any faqs from friends in the foreseeable future, upon his return.
Oh yeah, as long as your planning to deliver these threads to him at some point, let me assure him that the Doctors are not always correct. I'm referring to your line about,
Quote from: "348tripower"The doctors have told Sue there is no brain damage,
I think what they meant was no more brain damage then the usual, we know amount. :P Thanks, Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

348tripower

Quote from: "slocrow"Thanks for the good news Don. It seems like things are on the mends. I imagine that the scoundrel won't be bumming any faqs from friends in the foreseeable future, upon his return.
Oh yeah, as long as your planning to deliver these threads to him at some point, let me assure him that the Doctors are not always correct. I'm referring to your line about,
Quote from: "348tripower"The doctors have told Sue there is no brain damage,
I think what they meant was no more brain damage then the usual, we know amount. :P Thanks, Frank

I agree with you 110%. Todays update is, they are going to slowly bring him off the sedatives. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday for the removal of the ventilator.
Don
Don Colliau

donsrods

From someone who has been there, when they start backing down the meds and the ventilator comes out, that is a huge step, and says they have confidence in the healing process that is going on. Great news.

I personally was very upset when they took my Morphine drip away. I kind of got used to pushing that little button anytime I got a little twinge. Whole days would go by and seem like minutes. I got to see why drug addicts kind of dig the stuff.  I think after a while they got on to me, and turned it off, because it didn't seem to have the same effect. They kept reassuring me that they hadn't though. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

If he has made it through these first crucial hours, that is such a good thing. We will continue to have him in our thoughts and prayers.

Don

slocrow

Moved to correct thread...............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...