Just one of life moments

Started by Fat Cat, May 29, 2006, 10:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Yesterday I was put into one of life moments that make you reflect on your life and how you have lived. I attended the graduation of my oldest child. He turned 18 in March and graduated from Delta High School on Sunday May 28th, 2006. I thought back on my graduation and how my life has changed in the last 18 years.

In 6 more years I will do it all over again with my youngest, whom some of you know quite well. Shelby will graduate in 2012.

jaybee

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  My oldest just finished his first year in college so that High School graduation is fresh in my mind.  Good for him and my he see only the best in life.  And when he doesn't see the best (nobody does, all the time) may he always make the best of whatever he sees.  You must be a very proud Dad.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

donsrods

Congratulations, nice looking Son.

Having kids does have the effect of making you look back on your life. Also, because they grow up so fast it makes the years seem to fly by. I seems like just yesterday I was going to my own twin Sons graduation, and now they are 35. Where DOES the time go.

Don

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat46

Congrats to the grad and the dad, now it'll seem like no time at all till he graduates from college.  Soon you'll  experience the empty nest syndrome, that will really change your life.  :D

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I thought back on my graduation and how my life has changed in the last 18 years.

quote]

Wow, you were 26 when you graduated...? :lol:

Congratulations. I got to know him a little when I went up there for the BBQ trailer build. You done well Dad.

Now, a word of advice for the Grad.
RUN...!!
Run like mexican water through a tourist.
Run far, run wide, run silent, run deep... :wink:
Before you end up driving a pink vehicle like Dad and Grandpa... :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Charlie Chops 1940

Good job Dad, good job Josh!

Chalie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Uncle Bob

Yeah!!!

Major milestones all around.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Rrumbler

Congrats to the Grad.  I wish him the best of the future.

Things such as this certainly do give one cause to reflect on things gone by; I was talking with my oldest Grandson yesterday - he's fifteen, now - about how much things have changed in my span of years, how things changed in my Grandfathers  lifetime (born in 1886), and how things might be for Joseph fifty years down the road.  Hmmm!  Really makes a person think, and say "WOW!".
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

purplepickup

Congratulations Josh, Frank and Trinka :b-d:

Enjoy these years and moments for "Ve get too soon oldt"
George

slocrow

Congratulations Josh! You must take after your Great Grandfather, And a hip, hip to you to Dad............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Congrats Josh!  I know you've worked very hard to make it thru.  Good luck to you in the future.  

I hope your still around this summer to spend some time with at a few car shows.  I've really enjoyed the time we've spent together cruzn around in Big Olds and I look forward to doing it again when you have the time to spend with us old geezers.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

parklane

Quote from: "purplepickup"Congratulations Josh, Frank and Trinka :b-d:

Enjoy these years and moments for "Ve get too soon oldt"

Here, here

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"I thought back on my graduation and how my life has changed in the last 18 years.

quote]

Wow, you were 26 when you graduated...? :lol:

Congratulations. I got to know him a little when I went up there for the BBQ trailer build. You done well Dad.

Now, a word of advice for the Grad.
RUN...!!
Run like mexican water through a tourist.
Run far, run wide, run silent, run deep... :wink:
Before you end up driving a pink vehicle like Dad and Grandpa... :lol:

:lol:  and I agree with Mr Rayvyn.
Congrats on the graduation,Josh,and I can't believe how TALL you got since I last saw you!!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

48ford

Way to go!
Time moves faster the older you get.
Russ&Irene