NSRA Pueblo

Started by EMSjunkie, May 25, 2006, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

Is it too soon to see who alls going? :?

I'm planning on it, trying to find a place to rest my fat.........bones. :wink:

anybody got any suggestions, past experiences...good or bad, or a extra room for 2?

this will be my first real honest-to-goodness rod run, so any hints or other words of wisdom from you seasoned vets would be greatly appreciated.

I don't wanna look like a tourist.  :shock:  :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

1FATGMC

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Is it too soon to see who alls going? :?

anybody got any suggestions, past experiences...good or bad, or a extra room for 2?

this will be my first real honest-to-goodness rod run, so any hints or other words of wisdom from you seasoned vets would be greatly appreciated.

Vance

I'll be there :D .  Try and get there Thrus. night for the kick off party out at the lake.  The free food is good and there are tons of cars there and the setting is great.  

Don't know what to tell you about a room.  You might find one thrusday night and they might not kick you out the rest of the weekend.  Friday is a good day at the show as there are not thousands of spectators milling around like Sat. and Sun..

Pueblo is one of my favorite shows to go to, but some of it is the pretty drive across southern Colo or northern NM depending on which way we go.

We usually are parked on the south side of what was the "old event" center where the vendors use to go.  There is a big fountain on the east end of that building.

c ya there,

Sum

fatkoop

I've been to every Pueblo Nats. The best people anywhere.  It's always very hot, very fun, lots of great cars, great food, good times.  Pueblo is about 40 miles from Colorado Springs / Pikes Peak.  20 miles to the SW are the beautiful Wet Mountains.  The nites at the fairgrounds are always cool, live music, dancing, cruising.  Look me up, red '40 coupe, ol'skool, steelies.  I'll be parked near the "milk barn".

EMSjunkie

I'm makin' travel plans right now.
prolly won't get away until 5-6 pm Thursday.  :(
so I'll miss the big party.
but I'm looking forward to the drive up and back.

hope to see ya'all there

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

EMSjunkie

I thought I would kick this back into the fray...........

I made motel arraingements........finally........... now I just gotta
make sure the Coupe is ready to roll. 8)

anybody else going?   I'll be staying at the ValUStay Inn & Suites
2001 N Hudson.

sounds like a nice place  :? ...........anybody know for sure?

hope to see some of you there.  :)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

kb426

Nobody has been killed there lately. :lol: I'll be going up on saturday and returning home the same day. I don't know if I'll have company or not. By the first of next week I'll know if I can make plans to meet for breakfast or something later at the fairgrounds. Vance, there's lots of signs but Pueblo can be confusing. You might want to print of some maps to help you in case you find one of the secret roads. Eagleridge road has numerous places to eat and a strip mall in case you need something. Hwy 50 west off of I25 going west has many places to eat, some auto parts stores and a few bars. There is a river walk downtown that is interesting if you like history. I'm a real fan of Pueblo. I've been going there since I started racing back in 76. It's a large small town. Everybody knows each other.
TEAM SMART

midnight sun

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Is it too soon to see who alls going? :?

Vance

Ill be there.  We usually are in front of the livestock pavillion on the south side.  There will be my A, a primered 39 Chevy Sedan, and a 40 Plyymouth coupe also primered.  See ya there.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Grandadeo

Al, in the tan '32 roadster will be leaving us after the Roadster Show and heading over to Pueblo.  Whatever he says about our trip to LA - don't believe a word of it.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

EMSjunkie

Thanks for the info Bill, I appreciate the "hints"

looking forward to seeing you again, and meeting some new folks

I'll be in my PURPLE 'Beast.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

1FATGMC

If anyone needs a room still for Pueblo PM me.  I might have a Motel 6 room available.  I'll know more in a day or two.

c ya, Sum

EMSjunkie

Alright, travel plans are made, Coupe is ready to roll,, bags are packed,
should be heading out early Fri. a.m.
hope to be in Pueblo friday around 10-11 a.m.  :D  

see ya'all there.  8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

kb426

I'm not sure whether I'm taking a bike or the truck to buy parts. I think it will be difficult for us to meet somewhere for a soda or a meal so I'll try to keep an eye open and my memory turned on to remember who has posted.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Just got back from Pueblo, had a BLAST!!!!  :D  8)  :D

Didn't run into anybody, sorry if I missed you. was out walking and gawking all weekend.  :wink:

had about 2000 cars registered. I was # 1723.

put 735 miles on the 'ole Coupe. ran fine.

weather was great, people were fantastic.

a good time was had by all.

I'll post a couple pictures as soon as I get them downloaded and re-sized.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

kb426

I saw "Al's roadster" but not Al. ( I have no idea what he looks like) I looked for Vance and didn't see him either. About 10 miles east of Pueblo saturday morning, I hit a little crosswind. Later I found out that there was 70 mph gusts. All I know is that the bike and I had went across 2 lanes twice like I was on ice. That's twice in the last 30 days I've got caught in crosswinds strong enough to take me and the bike and turn us into Dorothy and toto.  :lol:  
I got to see some of the guys I used to race with. 5 of them had just returned from the LA roadster show. I understood that they all drove. They had good stories.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Sorry I missed you Bill, I looked for you and Al, and Midnight Sun, but like you, I don't know what anybody looks like, 'cept you, and that is if you were wearing you helmet.  :shock:

I don't remember seeing Al's roadster, but then again, there were several roadsters there.  :oops:

glad you got thru the wind storm OK. it can be a little scary when that happens.

I was talking to a couple guys Saturday at the Dennys, they came down from Denver to drag race, but the races got canceled due to the winds. :x

did get me a Carl's Jr. burger today before I left. call me crazy, but them are gooood eatin'

they are having a rod run up in Scott City Aug. 19-20th. wanna go?

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders