The Fastest Indian

Started by bucketmouth, May 04, 2006, 04:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here before but we've only had it down under for the past month or so. I went and saw the movie The Fastest Indian last night and it was absoloutly fantastic.
The only downside was it makes me want to go back to Bonneville for speed week again this year. If it wasn't for the new rod I could go.
There's talk down here of some guys planning on going next year so I think I'll have to pencil that in.
Another four months and it will have been a year since I made the visit to Bonneville and the Kentucky Nats.
You guys don't know how lucky you all are. :mrgreen:  :(
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

purplepickup

I've heard so many good things about the movie but it hasn't played anywhere near me.  I don't understand why they are only showing screenings at very few locations.  I'm on the waiting list to buy the dvd when it's available in June.

Bucketmouth, I agree....once you've had a taste of salt it's very addicting. :D
George

enjenjo

I've seen it, very good movie. I would watch it again, in fact I have.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "bucketmouth"I don't know if it's been mentioned on here before but we've only had it down under for the past month or so. I went and saw the movie The Fastest Indian last night and it was absoloutly fantastic.
The only downside was it makes me want to go back to Bonneville for speed week again this year. If it wasn't for the new rod I could go.
There's talk down here of some guys planning on going next year so I think I'll have to pencil that in.
Another four months and it will have been a year since I made the visit to Bonneville and the Kentucky Nats.
You guys don't know how lucky you all are. :mrgreen:  :(

I saw it a month or so ago.  It was great.  I recognized one of the extras as he spent a day with us in the pits last year.  It only played in Joplin about two weeks.  One of the scenes was filmed at the truckstop cafe where we eat.

I liked the start where it shows the offerings to gods of speed.

John

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I've seen it. In the closing credits is a "thank you" for cars used. One of my friends had his roadster in the movie.  :)
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

WZ JUNK one of the guys thought it was Hooleys studebaker in the background of one of the shots. Do you know if it was?
Hope you've been wearing the T shirt I gave ya.

enjenjo

Yes it's Hooley's car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "enjenjo"Yes it's Hooley's car.

Are you sure of that?  They filmed at the Oct. meet I thought and we weren't there for that.

I haven't seen the movie.  Slim to no chance it will come to Blanding.  I talked to the theater here and they say it is distributed by someone other than who they deal with.

I do have it reserved on NetFlix, but would like to see it on the "big screen".

c ya, Sum

bucketmouth

G'day Sum I was just having a look at your lakester build up.
I hope some one there is wearing one of the T shirts I gave you guys.
I'm surprisd the movie is getting limited screenings there.  It's one of the bigger movies here and everyone that's seen including those that know nothing about bonneville really enjoyed it.
I'll be buying a copy for the collection when it comes out.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "bucketmouth"G'day Sum I was just having a look at your lakester build up.
I hope some one there is wearing one of the T shirts I gave you guys.
I'm surprisd the movie is getting limited screenings there.  It's one of the bigger movies here and everyone that's seen including those that know nothing about bonneville really enjoyed it.
I'll be buying a copy for the collection when it comes out.

Good to see you are going to try and get back next year with some of the bike guys from over there.  I noticed the "Rev" is going to maybe switch from coming this year to next year.

I would like to make it over there next year as Keith is planning on going over with his car, but I'll probably have to wait a couple more years money wise.

c ya, Sum

kb426

Just as a point of interest: those of you with home theater, when the dvd comes out, you'll be tickled to death with the soundtrack.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "bucketmouth"WZ JUNK one of the guys thought it was Hooleys studebaker in the background of one of the shots. Do you know if it was?
Hope you've been wearing the T shirt I gave ya.

I did not see Hooley's car in the movie.  Since the car was not there during the movie filming, it was either some edited footage from Speedweek or another orange Studebaker.  Hooley has seen the movie and he did not notice the "Just Glad to be Here" in the film.  Next time I see it, I will look closer.  I believe the Burklands old Studebaker is in the movie.

John

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Fat Cat

here is the car in question. If it is not Hooleys it looks like it.

Fat Cat

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Fat Cat"here is the car in question. If it is not Hooleys it looks like it.

That is Burkland's old Stude.  Notice the inside roll bars and the way the roof strip comes down the back window.

c ya, Sum