Pulses per revolution S-10 T-5 tranny

Started by 48bill, May 02, 2006, 03:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48bill

My friend just installed a 1989, 4 cylinder, S-10, T-5 tranny in his flathead powered 31 ford roadster.  The T-5 replaced a 47 truck tranny with a mechanical sender to the speedometer.  The T-5 has an electrical connector for an electronic speedo.  The Stewart Warner techie tells us we need to know the output in pulses per rev in order to get the right electronic speedo.

Can any body help?

Thanks.

48 Bill from Connecticut
48bill
Bill C from Connecticut
48 Chevrolet Cabriolet

1FATGMC

Quote from: "48bill"My friend just installed a 1989, 4 cylinder, S-10, T-5 tranny in his flathead powered 31 ford roadster.  The T-5 replaced a 47 truck tranny with a mechanical sender to the speedometer.  The T-5 has an electrical connector for an electronic speedo.  The Stewart Warner techie tells us we need to know the output in pulses per rev in order to get the right electronic speedo.

Can any body help?

Thanks.

48 Bill from Connecticut

I just installed a cruise control in my pickup and got a reference manual with it and it doesn't go back to '89, but it shows '92 to '95 models with the 2.5, 2.8 and 2.2 liter motors as having 2000 pulses.  I don't know if that is pulses per mile or what.  They don't say what transmissions they are for those years above.

Then it shows 2000 and 4000 pulses for different 4.3 liter motors, which I would guess is the V-6, for those years and they show some as manuals and some as autos.

Not much help I guess.  If I had to bet money though I would put it on 2000.

c ya, Sum