Straycat 500 in Dewey, Oklahoma

Started by Dirty31, May 01, 2006, 02:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty31

Anyone going to the Straycat 500 this coming weekend in Dewey, Oklahoma?   Just checking because we are heading up from Dallas Texas Friday afternoon.

EMSjunkie

whereabouts is Dewey? I'm too lazy to go get my map. :oops:

if its a days drive from Amarillo, I just might make it. 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"whereabouts is Dewey? I'm too lazy to go get my map. :oops:

if its a days drive from Amarillo, I just might make it. 8)

Vance

About 60 miles north of Tulsa.  I have always went in the past but I do not know if I will be able to go this weekend.  Good show.

John

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Dirty31

Just got  my motel room.  looks like it is gonna be a big show.  Mick is looking at having over 400 cars, etc.  Yall come on out,  I have heard lots of goos stuff about this event.   For yall that cant make it I will take lots of pics for you.

EMSjunkie

Thanks for the info. if the weather is good, we may just hafta head east. :)

need to take another road trip.  8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

kb426

Unless something weird happens, I'm coming. Without hotrod though. It's 375 miles for me. One way.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"Unless something weird happens, I'm coming. Without hotrod though. It's 375 miles for me. One way.

but if you ride that red 'cycle you chased me down with, it will only take you about 3 hrs to get there. :shock:  8)  :wink:  :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

HotRodLadyCrusr

Vance, before you make the trip there please contact Mick to see what the "criteria" is.  Not sure if it's an "open" show or strickly traditional hot rods and customs.  Some of the shows such as Billetproof, HunnertCarPileup and Jalopy Showdown, just to name a few, have very strick "rules" about the type of cars they let in and I'd hate for you to drive all that way for nothing bud.  Not sure if the StayKat500 is like that or not but you should check if your planning on attending.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Vance, before you make the trip there please contact Mick to see what the "criteria" is.   .

Thanks Denise, I wasn't planning on entering my car in anything, I just wanted to go look around at the other cars.  :)

I didn't know you had "criteria" to meet just to go look around.  :?

I figgered there would be a swap meet and the such, or maybe a wet T-shirt contest at least. :shock:  8)  :D  :D  :D

but maybe the folks in Oklahoma might get a little upset with my 'Beast.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Dirty31"Anyone going to the Straycat 500 this coming weekend in Dewey, Oklahoma?   Just checking because we are heading up from Dallas Texas Friday afternoon.

Just got home a while ago.   Rained all the way there this morning.  Rained all day.  Rained all the way home.  You would think they could pick a day for a car show with no rain. :wink:  Had a great time anyway.  Never really made it to the show, I just spent the day at the host hotel.

John

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I wimped out. I was in Wichita at 9:30 am. When I checked the weather it was already raining. I spent part of the morning bsing with the guys at the cycle shop. Then I visited 2 tool stores. Only cost me about $60 to do that  :lol:  Then I had lunch at the Texas Road House at went home. Pretty good day, just not as good as going to Dewey on a dry day.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Quote from: "kb426"I wimped out. I was in Wichita at 9:30 am. When I checked the weather it was already raining. I spent part of the morning bsing with the guys at the cycle shop. Then I visited 2 tool stores. Only cost me about $60 to do that  :lol:  Then I had lunch at the Texas Road House at went home. Pretty good day, just not as good as going to Dewey on a dry day.

Hummm, I was also in Wichita at 9:30 am, also wimped out and didn't go.

Kinda wondering now if my nephew made down.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "kb426"I wimped out. I was in Wichita at 9:30 am. When I checked the weather it was already raining. I spent part of the morning bsing with the guys at the cycle shop. Then I visited 2 tool stores. Only cost me about $60 to do that  :lol:  Then I had lunch at the Texas Road House at went home. Pretty good day, just not as good as going to Dewey on a dry day.

Hummm, I was also in Wichita at 9:30 am, also wimped out and didn't go.

Kinda wondering now if my nephew made down.

You going to Pueblo in June?  Hope to see you there,

Sum

kb426

Yes, I'll make contact before hand and see if we can meet.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

What date in June?

Puebelo is do-able from Amarillo. 8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders