WARNING! Ravon Street Rods is OUT OF BUSINESS

Started by Daveyboy, April 06, 2006, 08:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

According to Billings, Montana Police Department, Ravon Street Rods is no longer in business, due to losing their financial backing.
Got me for 10k
LOOK OUT!!!
Dave  :x

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

parklane

Sure takes the fun out of gettin parts.  :(  :x  :x

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Crosley.In.AZ

man O man , that is a bi**h!!!!

I spend enough money , sure do not need it stolen from me
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rer_239

ouch, that's tough.  do you know how to get in touch with the owner(s)?
rer_239 :0-0

rer_239

ouch, that's tough.  do you know how to get in touch with the owner(s)?
rer_239 :0-0

rumrumm

Contact the Montana state Attorney General's office immediately.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Ohio Blue Tip

Sorry to hear that, you want to borrow a .357? :lol:   That's a really big hit and it makes us all less trusting. :x
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Daveyboy"According to Billings, Montana Police Department, Ravon Street Rods is no longer in business, due to losing their financial backing.
Got me for 10k
LOOK OUT!!!
Dave  :x

Hey Dave,
You basically have 4 options on how to get some, if not all of that back.

1: Contact the local tax appraiser or property tax dept. in Billings, and see who actually owns the building. If the Meads leased it, then find the real owner and notify them of the problem. If the Meads simply packed up and moved out, leaving everything behind, then after a set time the bodies and all else owned by them will become the property of the actual property owner. I'm sure if you can prove collateral (meaning that there is actually something there that you paid for, like chassis, bodies, etc) then the owner would most likely let you come and take it, provided he has all ownership rights by the Meads relinquished to him, and you provide receipts. If the Meads simply took your money, and you have no receipt showing exactly what the money was spent on, I.E. specific property like a body or chassis, then good luck getting the actual property owner to pay you back.
There are probably customer owned cars there that were being worked on. These cars will not become the property of the land owners under any circumstance. It is against Federal Law to hold someone else's property from them provided proof of ownership is shown. The only exception being if the property was used in a felonious crime, then it can be held pending criminal proceedings, but has to be used in some way as evidence.

2: Contact the U.S. District Bankruptcy Court in that area, and find out whether the Meads filed for protection. If they did, then by law they have to list everyone they owe money or property to. If they went this route, the chances are slim that you will see anything. In a bankruptcy, the trustee pays out the most important creditors first, and if there's anything left over, it's divied up amongst the little guys.  If the Meads did not file bankruptcy, then you have to find out who the financial backer was, like a Bank or Credit Union. If it was a public commercial lender, then by law they have to disclose whether or not Ravon was one of their accounts. They do not have to disclose any information concerning the account, due to privacy laws, and sometimes banks will play hardball before they give up any info. But the threat of an ICC audit will usually shake them up into giving up the info. (Hint)
Once you find out who the money is behind Ravon, then tactfully submit a claim to them. Wait and see what type of response you get from the backers. If they deny any and all responsibilites concerning the debts owed by the Meads, then you have to contact an attorney. If the loaner is an out of state business, then you'll need an attorney in that state as well. You could eat up another 10K in about 30 days just on legal fees, and if you do get all of your money back, you'll just break even. Any way possible, you have to find out what is going to happen to the property there, like the molds, bodies chassis, etc. Chances are the suppliers like TCI (and others) will have their hands in the pot if their stuff was supplied to Ravon on consignment or condition of sale. They will want their stuff back as well.
You may have to hire an attorney to research this for you. And if the legal property owners attempt to sell off any of this merchandise, I would consider some kind of court injunction against them.

3: Track down the Meads and file a lawsuit against them, their name, their registered company name, etc. You may not want to do this, but filing a lawsuit against them may have some success; even if it keeps them from going into business again and doing it to others. There is a chance they may have had insurance in case of business failure. You'd want to know that as well in order to file a claim. You also need to see whether or not there is anything in the company paperwork stating your name or payment. If they decided to suddenly shut their doors without telling anyone, they may have gotten rid of any paperwork showing monies received from customers.  AND, definitely contact the 3 big credit reporting bureaus and fill them in as well.

4: (Last Resort) Contact the police and attorney generals office there, and report that money stolen. If proven, (and this may take awhile) then a warrant will be requested for them by the business home state or local police. If the amount meets the standards for a first degree felony (provided intent and purpose is proven, coinciding with that dollar amount) then the warrant will be listed with regional and national extradition. States usually will not extradite a person for less than a second degree felony, and only then for heinous crimes. A first degree however with the intent to cause hardship or fraud will bring the U.S. Marshalls in, and they extradite nationwide. But, the circumstances and intent have to be met, and sometimes this gets argued down in front of a warrant judge, especially when dealing with something like this.  But at least you can make it rough for them, if you're prepared to wait about 1-2 years..

Businesses go belly up every day, and I hope it wasn't the intent of the Meads to puposely rip you off. Hopefully everything will work out.  But there are ripoffs out there, and these are the hardest to deal with and have any recovery from.

Good Luck.
R
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

BFS57

Hello;
Funny thing, when you said Ravon, I remembered their web site. The Web is up and happining! Even a complete list of 2006 event calender listed! I know they had a fire a while ago. I might be inclined to contact the web master to make an inquiry as to the validity of their being in or out of business!
They may be out now but are seeking another backer! Kind of like hearing it from the Horse's mouth so-to-speak!
I know that this sort of thing happens and it happens in a big hurry! one day in business, the next day GONE!
Just my observation!
Bruce

sirstude

I had a friend in Billings check, and he was told by the guys inside the fence that Ravon was "Kind of closed".  Have not been able to get a hold of Randy on this issue.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

donsrods

I had a friend in Billings check, and he was told by the guys inside the fence that Ravon was "Kind of closed"

This is somewhat like being "kind of pregnant."  The smoke is there, so the fire can't be too far behind.

JMO,

Don

Daveyboy

Randy Mead aka (RAVON street rods) called today.
He told me there was no money, and that he is sick. (down to 100lb)
So where does that leave me?
That i dont know.
But i paid with my master card and have put in a dispute on ravon.
From what i hear i may get my money back from  master card or , Ravons bank.
I think that is why you should use a credit card to protect your self.
Does anyone know if that is true?
This may be the death of me building a car for some time
10k is a ton of saterday work for me. so i may be out of the game.

Anyone know a a 32 project that someone is selling?
thanks Dave

34ford

Quote from: "Daveyboy"
But i paid with my master card and have put in a dispute on ravon.
From what i hear i may get my money back from  master card or , Ravons bank.
I think that is why you should use a credit card to protect your self.
Does anyone know if that is true?

Dave,
That should be the case. You should be able to get your money back. Several years ago I bought a new oval style gauge set up using my MC Card. The guy keep saying this month and this month and it never happened. Finally quit answering his phone after promising them for 6 months. Called MC and sent them the contact information on the guy and in 30 days I had my $500 back.

So I would call the card company and tell them what you know now that you have talked to the owner. and let them do it for you.

bob

donsrods

I think these guys are right, you have a good shot a recovering part or all of your money.

We have had customers pay bills for having their boat fixed at our Marina, then they put in a dispute with the card company later. The card company pulls the money, and the burden falls on us to prove the claim is bogus. But in the meantime, we are out the money.

Depending on what deal he or his bank has with the credit card company, you could get lucky. If he goes bankrupt, it all changes, as you become just one of many creditors, and you are in line with this bank, his suppliers, etc.

But, you have to try.  Really wish you well man.

Don