Louisville Construction

Started by btrc, March 26, 2004, 06:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

I was just down in Louisville yesterday for the Mid-America Truck Show.  They are adding on to the South end of the Expo center.  All the parking south of that section of the building is gone and some of the parking in front of the main section is torn up also.   We were there pretty early and had to park back by the Stadium.  I've never been to the Nationals but I'm guessing parking may be an issue this year.
Bob

Charlie Chops 1940

I was there at the same time for a swap meet. It looks like the new construction will fill the parking lot in front of the East wing. The East wing is to the right as you go in the main entrance. They have also removed the grassy boulevard down the center where everyone likes to put their awnings - turned most of that into more parking. Not very attractive. My guess is that the big grassy field and the paved parkinig will be separated by the building. Looks to me like a lot of congestion coming up.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

YIKES!  Not happy to hear this.  Our little part of paradise there along the split rail fence might become prime property for all those huge professional tents all those "other" people put up.  Not looking forward to the cluster F at all.  :cry:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"YIKES!  Not happy to hear this.  Our little part of paradise there along the split rail fence might become prime property for all those huge professional tents all those "other" people put up.  Not looking forward to the cluster F at all.  :cry:

I believe the new building will cover our old spot and the only grass will be behind the building. :cry:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

OBT - you are WRONG and deserve a beating! (I love it when I can do that - he's never wrong....)

The new building looks to cover the parking lot in FRONT of the existing  east wing. It does not extend to the east of the building. The road along side the loading docks next to OUR fence had been  temporarily extended south to the ring road. I'd guess it will get paved. The problem is that the ring road is one-way CCW, but maybe they will have another CW element at the new south end of the building.

Yes, I too believe a cluster-f is in the offing.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"OBT - you are WRONG and deserve a beating! (I love it when I can do that - he's never wrong....)

The new building looks to cover the parking lot in FRONT of the existing  east wing. It does not extend to the east of the building. The road along side the loading docks next to OUR fence had been  temporarily extended south to the ring road. I'd guess it will get paved. The problem is that the ring road is one-way CCW, but maybe they will have another CW element at the new south end of the building.

Dam, I was just healing up from that last beating!  Soooo, when I come over for my free Friday night beer, don't expect me to wear my Consulting Engineer's hat and bail you out again.

:mrgreen:  :b-d:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"OBT - you are WRONG and deserve a beating! (I love it when I can do that - he's never wrong....)

Dam, I was just healing up from that last beating!  Soooo, when I come over for my free Friday night beer, don't expect me to wear my Consulting Engineer's hat and bail you out again.

isn't that supposed to be "NO FREE BEER NO FREE ADVISE" ?

:mrgreen:  :b-d:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bob K

" problem is that the ring road is one-way CCW, but maybe they will have another CW element at the new south end of the building."

Ok Charley what is CCW and CW ??????????????????
As I understand it the sout end of the new building will be right up to the ring road. Our old spot will still be there but can you imagine the number of people from the middle row that will be trying for that spot. I'll be there early on Wed morning to put up a tent but maybe those guy's will already have it staked out as they get there right after midnite. Sure could use some help this year.

B :cry: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Charlie Chops 1940

Bob, try to stay with us here on the new fangled technology - like a clock. CW is clock wise and CCW is counter clock wise......

Nuff said.

Jack, OBT came over tonight, he had 3 free beers and gave me lots of advise. Beatings mean nothing. LOL.

A Hooligan!

Bob K

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Bob, try to stay with us here on the new fangled technology - like a clock. CW is clock wise and CCW is counter clock wise......

Nuff said.

Jack, OBT came over tonight, he had 3 free beers and gave me lots of advise. Beatings mean nothing. LOL.

Does that work on a digital clock???????

B :roll: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

HotRodLadyCrusr

I wish I could get there early and help.  Use to get there on Tuesday in years past but I'm saving my vacation time for B'ville and the HAMB Drags again.  I'll be arriving in L'ville on Friday morning.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Fat Cat

Here is a map to help with this conversation. I know that not all of the points are there but at least you will all be able to get on the same page.

enjenjo

It may not be as bad as we fear, many of the people in the south lot won't come out on the grass, the flood years ago scared a lot of them. I expect they will move to the west lot.

I will be there wed Bob, I'll see if I can get there early. I need a room again this year. Got anything available?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

btrc

Thanks for the map Frank.  It's off the end of the South wing (Lot A) where they are doing the addition.  If the X marks the spot where the RRT gathers I don't think there will be a problem with that.

Bob
Bob