need media blaster.

Started by moose, March 23, 2006, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

I am interested in having my Model A coupe body media blasted. Does anyone know of a good reliable media blaster in the Detroit or Toledo area? Want someone that will not warp the body !

Tim

enjenjo

There is one out by detroit Metro, but I can't give you the name. I believe they are in Bellville.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

We are wrestling with this subject right now. My Son is almost ready to get his '29 blasted, and the same for my '39. What is the current state of the art? We only have sandblasters in this area, so we will be loading these up and going to Miami or Orlando, probably.

We want to remove the old paint and surface rust, and have heard soda only takes off paint. Is the plastic "media" the hot setup, or is something better?
Is that what they use?  We don't want to dip them because of the expense and the potential for stuff to creep out later and ruin the paint.

Any advise anyone has will be appreciated. And if someone knows of a shop in Florida, that would be great

By the way, I have used Action Plating in Opa Locka Florida for years, and they are reasonable and do a good job, in case anyone lives here and needs chrome work done.

Thanks,

Don

58 Yeoman

A friend of mine had his 55 Chevy truck cab soda blasted, and wasn't happy with the job; didn't remove all the paint, and of course, left the rust.  On the other hand, our other friend had his 54 Skylark dipped, and they were both plenty happy with the results.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

shine

see if your sandblaster will use 3m starblast. i use it and type 5 acrylic here at my shop. soda blasting is not recomended by many paint mfg. my composite supplier says not to use it if i am going to paint it. starblast is the best i have found. does a great job even on vettes . there are some pics of the results on my web site. let me know if i can help.

enjenjo

We had a Buick media blasted a couple years ago, and it came out great. All the paint was gone, and what little rust there was had been removed too. That was in Findley Ohio.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Don;
The two shops that come to mind here in Orlando are:
Master Blaster and Blast Off! You can get more info from the Mike Kelly's Cruise news online www.cruisenewsonline.com.

Bruce