just happened to stop in one morning when I had my camera.  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

Ha ha, that's great, my daughter and I have a running joke(s) about Waffle Houses, I'll have to send her that pic!!!

GPster

If that's Raw Texas Horsepower maybe the sintch is too tight. GPster

Rayvyn

Quote from: "GPster"If that's Raw Texas Horsepower maybe the sintch is too tight. GPster

It amazes me how the riders just drop the reins, and an animal with very little comprehension of any human language will just stand there waiting and not run off. They're better behaved than a lot of people I know.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

Looks like raw Texas hamburger to me :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "phat46"Ha ha, that's great, my daughter and I have a running joke(s) about Waffle Houses, I'll have to send her that pic!!!

Do we want to know what that running joke is?  Maybe not? :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

EMSjunkie

amazingly enough, these horses stand there for about 20 min.  :shock:

for those of you who are familiar with Amarillo, this Waffle House is just one block north of I-40 on Coulter street, one of the busiest streets in Amarillo.  :-o  :-o

not once in the 2-3 years they have been going there have one of the horses ever wandered off.  8)  they have caused a couple wrecks however, mainly from people gawking at them, and not paying attention to their driving.  :roll:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

GPster

Quote from: "Rayvyn"It amazes me how the riders just drop the reins, and an animal with very little comprehension of any human language will just stand there waiting and not run off.
Hoses used for calf roping are trained that way.  After a rider ropes a calf he dismount to tie the calf up and he doesn't have time to find a hitching post and tie the horse up. Most horses that are trained that way when they are at a hitching post the reins are just laid over the post so that other horse won't trample on them or deficate (is this word allowed?) on them. GPster

EMSjunkie

Exactly right Joe.  :D

too bad I can't send my wife for "cutting horse" training.  :shock:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

enjenjo

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Exactly right Joe.  :D

too bad I can't send my wife for "cutting horse" training.  :shock:

Vance

You can try, but you'll regret it.

GPster

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Exactly right Joe.  :D too bad I can't send my wife for "cutting horse" training.  :shock: Vance
It might only work on a horse if they are calf roping. I don't know how it works if a mare in season is in the next stall. GPster

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Exactly right Joe.  :D too bad I can't send my wife for "cutting horse" training.  :shock: Vance
It might only work on a horse if they are calf roping. I don't know how it works if a mare in season is in the next stall. GPster

My old mare hasn't been "in season" since that first bite if wedding cake.  :shock:  :roll:  :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

phat46

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "phat46"Ha ha, that's great, my daughter and I have a running joke(s) about Waffle Houses, I'll have to send her that pic!!!

Do we want to know what that running joke is?  Maybe not? :lol:

Well, it's one of those, "ya had to bee there" things that has morfed and convoluted over the last 6-7 years. We just laugh and make jokes about it when we drive by Waffle Houses now. I like eating there, but there's none near here. When my daughter was in college in Findlay Oh., for equestrian schooling BTW, we would drive to Lima OH. about 30 miles just to go to a Waffle house. We were told  that that was the northernmost Waffle Houise in the U.S. at the time, 1999.

enjenjo

The are several Waffle Houses in Toledo now. good breakfast there.

"My old mare hasn't been "in season" since that first bite of wedding cake".......and......when you get to be my age.....That's a GOOD thing :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"