Finally Started My 1935 Ford PU!!!! :D

Started by Dirk35, March 15, 2006, 10:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

VROOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

It started and idled down and ran actually quite well for not being in time at all, and its FIRST START! I only let it run for a few seconds since it sounded like I need to re-prime the oil pump. It was building up oil pressure, but real slow. Im giddy like a Little School Girl! I bet I smiled all night in my sleep!        

See my post on The Ignition for the fun of actually trying to track down why it wouldnt start.

Thank you all for helping when I have Questions!

rooster

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time is nice. :D

jaybee

Hey, that's great!  Congrats, nothing like the sound of an engine firing for the first time to get the motivation going.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

donsrods

Cool looking truck. What you have to do is call your friends and put the phone to the car so they can hear it run for the first time. I always did. :D  :D

Their wives thought we were nuts, but the guys loved it.

Don

enjenjo

One time at work, the supervisor's walkie talkie came up missing. Somehow it found it's way to the top of a running engine with the button taped down. There were only 400 trucks in the yard running that night, it was cold. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

It's a long way from the bare frame that we were trying to figure out how to gusset the rear "kick up". Work goes faster when you don't have to work around all those antique tractor parts. Looking good GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

good job....

slo building of oil pressure can be a concern.

if you have a cheap gauge with thin tube line the oil pressure may come up slowly....

Did the rocker arms rattle alot?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Congrats! Looks like it's getting close to time for a "Test Drive"!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dirk35

Quote from: "donsrods"Cool looking truck. What you have to do is call your friends and put the phone to the car so they can hear it run for the first time. I always did. :D  :D

Their wives thought we were nuts, but the guys loved it.

Don

That is EXACTLY what I was going to do once I get it to run better! :D

Dirk35

Quote from: "Crosley"good job....

slo building of oil pressure can be a concern.

if you have a cheap gauge with thin tube line the oil pressure may come up slowly....

Did the rocker arms rattle alot?

The rocker arms didnt rattle, it sounded "Squeaky"! All of it.

It is a VDO Gauge with electronic sender.

Okiedokie

Will we get to "eyeball" it at OKC in about three weeks? Hope so.

Ohio Blue Tip

Way to go!  The first fire is always a trip. :D
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

Congratulations!  :b-d: You've been steadily plugging away on your truck for quite a while now.  It's really cool to see that pile of parts become a running truck.  :D  

Like Crosley said, pay close attention to that oil pressure.  A lot of damage can happen in a real short time on a fresh engine if the pressure isn't up.  If you're using a drill motor to prime the system you should be able to see how the gauge responds without starting the engine.  Hopefully it's just a gauge problem.
George

phat46

Congrats, nothing like that first start up, 'cept maybe the first burnout!!! :lol:

Dirk35

Brilliant!!!!

I didnt even think of turning the key on and checking the pressure gauge while priming the pump!

Quote from: "purplepickup"Congratulations!  :b-d: You've been steadily plugging away on your truck for quite a while now.  It's really cool to see that pile of parts become a running truck.  :D  

Like Crosley said, pay close attention to that oil pressure.  A lot of damage can happen in a real short time on a fresh engine if the pressure isn't up.  If you're using a drill motor to prime the system you should be able to see how the gauge responds without starting the engine.  Hopefully it's just a gauge problem.