Has any one ever bought one of these

Started by donsrods, March 08, 2006, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

Saw this on Ebay, and am thinking of ordering one. Anyone ever used this same one?  If so, is it any good? It looks like it differs from the standard presses, because it is designed to bend brackets up to 1/2 in thick, and comes with some mandrels.

Make a bracket or two? You gotta have one of these!!    Item number: 7597019889   

Sorry, I tried to make it so you can just click on it, but I am computer challanged. But if you enter that number in the ebay description box and search it will come up on Ebay.

Thanks, Don

enjenjo

No, but I have one of these. A little more money, but it does the job.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

GPster

I think 1FATGMC (Sumner) has how to construct one on his site. He's probably not up yet but you could make one using his design. Or you could leave the plans around and maybe your son will make sure it appears. GPster

Bob Paulin

I use a smaller, homemade bender that goes on my homemade hydraulic press.....basically, two pieces of reinforced angle iron that is aligned with a frame.

I have bent quarter-inch plate in this little rig....

I cannot remember the last time I had to bend a substantial piece of steel (3/32" - plus) that was more than a foot in length.......

.....actually, anything longer, and I'm probably better off building off a piece of angle iron......

.....but, if I ever do, I can build one up to two feet in length that will still fit onto my press bed.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green