Hand drill repair question??????

Started by slocrow, February 10, 2006, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

If I know Frank, that drill was probably bought new when they were still making them out of bronze, because Iron hadn't been discovered yet.

See slocrow...............they REALLY like you ALOT !!!!!!!!!!

:P  :P  :P  :P

enjenjo

I must confess, I have a Sears Dunlop 1/2" drill, that I bough used at an auction in 1970. It was old then, I would guess about 1950 to 55 for a manufacture date. I had to pay $11 for it.

It's heavy, and slow, but it's still drilling holes. If you are not careful it'll tear your arm off, definitely a two hand drill.

In the late 70's I contracted to shorten the wheelbase on several new tandem axle trucks with a Hendrickson suspension, each one required 108 5/8" holes drilled in a double 5/16" heat treated frame. We wrapped a chain through the handles on the drill, and pulled it into the holes with a come-along. It never missed a beat. Later on, when I was installing hitches, we would set a floor jack under the drill, and jack it into the frame to drill holes, using a long pipe handle to keep it from spinning.

It doesn't owe me a thing :D  When it quits, I'll give it a decent burial.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

doesn't owe me a thing  When it quits, I'll give it a decent burial.

phat rat

OK I type Frankie and it comes out BIg Sexy???
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat rat

phat rat

Crosley.In.AZ

throw the drill away and buy a new one.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"
I'ld like to know how the two cheapest guys I know, can call somebody else cheap :?:  :?: :oops:  :oops:
Mike

Who you calling cheap? :shock:   You cedar savage! :twisted:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

river1

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"Boy I was going to stay out of this one....but I guess I can't!! :shock:

I'ld like to know how the two cheapest guys I know, can call somebody else cheap :?:  :?: :oops:  :oops:

well for one thing they recognize the symptoms :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

blksheep

They heard'em comin,......

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!! :lol: