Hand drill repair question??????

Started by slocrow, February 10, 2006, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Frank, your tighter then two coats of Sears paint.  :lol:  How much ya need for a new one, I'm on a fixed income :cry:  but could spare a few bucks!
Its good to have friends looking out for ya LOL.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

Ken I think I can manage to spare the cost of the JB Weld :oops:  if he's willing to accept monthly payments :D . I don't get my first SS check until the 2nd Wed of May :(  so payments will have to wait until then. Wait a minute :idea:  I just had a thought, maybe Carol will float me a loan and I can send it sooner. :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

And to think I had forgotten the REMOTE incident....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Nobody was picking on you, but I learned my lesson when I spent half a day trying to fix the toaster, then went down to Walmart and bought a new one for $ 9.99.

just to reaffirm what Slocro said. He and I have know each other for around 12 years, long before we ever thought of having a computer. Over that time we've shared many a story and emptied many cans at shows and in hotel parking lots. So he knows what to expect when he posts something of this nature. One of those cases where you can sometimes say with friends like this who needs enemies
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

donsrods

I know you guys all know each other pretty well, and understood you were just having some mutual fun.

I remember when my one Son was little, he was mad because some of his buddies were playing around, giving him a hard time. I had a hard time convincing him that if they are taking the time to pull his chain a little, they must really like him.

That is what seperates we men from women. We cut on each other a little, and everybody understands it is just in fun. We are able to laugh together over the mutual ribbing.

blksheep

"if they are taking the time to pull his chain a little, that must really like him".

Wow, So thats what that means. And after all these years of bloody noses, black eyes and broken bones, settin my house on fire, slashin my tires, paintin my truck with paint thinner, dumpin nuclear waste on my porch, puttin gas on my grass and training 1,400 pigeons to roost on my roof, I thought they DIDN'T like me!
They do like me! They do like me!
I can't wait to see the guys tomorrow!!!

blksheep...Yes, they do deliver mail to you in intensive care...in Charlotte

donsrods

But then again........................there are exceptions to every rule !!!! :D

:(  :lol:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

BFS57

Hello;
I sort of breezed through all the replies you received and I didn't see mentioned that if the Drill is indeed a Craftsman brand, It has a lifetime warranty and would be exchanged for a new one with out question at your local Sears store, Thats why I buy the tools I use most there!!
Bruce

enjenjo

Craftsman power tool warrenties are generally one year or less.

If I know Frank, that drill was probably bought new when they were still making them out of bronze, because Iron hadn't been discovered yet. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Hello;
I do believe, not unless that Sears has changed their policy that any tool wearing the name Craftsman is covered. I do know that their lesser line of tools don't have this guarantee! I really think it's worth an inqurary. Also, the older it is probly helps. Newer drills (some even costing high dollars) (DeWalt) all seem to be "toss away" articles! Especially the batteries!!!!
Bruce

MrMopar64

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
I do believe, not unless that Sears has changed their policy that any tool wearing the name Craftsman is covered. I do know that their lesser line of tools don't have this guarantee! I really think it's worth an inqurary. Also, the older it is probly helps. Newer drills (some even costing high dollars) (DeWalt) all seem to be "toss away" articles! Especially the batteries!!!!
Bruce

I tried to take back a Craftsman vice that my grandfather bought about 40 years ago..... Which was lifetime at the time bought according to my grandfather
Sears said that their vice's are only warranted 1 year....... even though it was lifetime when purchased  :?  :shock:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

BFS57

Hello;
I guess that Sears like everyone has been changing! I guess it's better to get tools from Harbor Freight and throw them away when they go Belly up!.
Bruce

Ohio Blue Tip

It never hurts to ask a Sears.  A few years back I took in a 50 year old ½ inch ratchet and they replaced it.   Also about two years back I took in a 12 volt drill battery, they handed me a new one. :D
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Mikej

Frank, don't let these guys deter you. What ever it cost to save a buck is worth it. :lol:  Maybe you could buy a milling bit for your new drill press and cut in a key way. Than the set screw. Spending money for tools doesn't count in the actual cost of repair. ITS a RULE............

n.c.rodder

Boy I was going to stay out of this one....but I guess I can't!! :shock:

I'ld like to know how the two cheapest guys I know, can call somebody else cheap :?:  :?: :oops:  :oops:

Daddy always said...."People in glass house's shouldn't throw stones" :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street