Howdy, Another New Member Intro / Hamb Refugee

Started by nocentsracing, January 29, 2006, 12:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocentsracing

Hello folks, I stumbled across your little corner of cyberspace recently and really enjoyed eaves dropping on many of your discussions.  I'm a 50 year young guy in East Texas, curently building my first Hot Rod.  It's a 30 Model A coupe with a 1950 8BA with a t-5 transmission.  It will be mostly traditional, with spllit wishbones and buggy springs.  In the barn, I have a 47 Ford copupe and 57 Chevy pickup I want to get to some time.  I've restored/ hot rodded several 65-68 Mustangs in the past, but lost interest.  I found the part I  liked best about messing with cars was scrounging around and making something out of what most folks would consider junk.  I weld, fabricate, and paint at a "jack of all trades, master of none level".  I'm looking forward to "learning at the feet of the masters".  Thanks. John.

Welcome! Sounds like a fun project in the works!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat46

Quote from: "nocentsracing"Hello folks, I stumbled across your little corner of cyberspace recently and really enjoyed eaves dropping on many of your discussions.  I'm a 50 year young guy in East Texas, curently building my first Hot Rod.  It's a 30 Model A coupe with a 1950 8BA with a t-5 transmission.  It will be mostly traditional, with spllit wishbones and buggy springs.  In the barn, I have a 47 Ford copupe and 57 Chevy pickup I want to get to some time.  I've restored/ hot rodded several 65-68 Mustangs in the past, but lost interest.  I found the part I  liked best about messing with cars was scrounging around and making something out of what most folks would consider junk.  I weld, fabricate, and paint at a "jack of all trades, master of none level".  I'm looking forward to "learning at the feet of the masters".  Thanks. John.

Welcome, nice coupe, it's gonna cool with your plans.

purplepickup

Quote from: "nocentsracing"Hello folks...I weld, fabricate, and paint at a "jack of all trades, master of none level".   Thanks. John.
Welcome from another member of the "master of none" club. :D
George

parklane

Welcome from one John to another John (no not that kind of john)  :?  :?

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard.

plenty of the regulars stumble around here all the time.

:wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

donsrods

Welcome, from someone who is pretty new here, too.  I think your ideas for you "A" are terrific.

I was experiencing the same boredom that you hinted at with cars, after doing it for so many years. Last year I got turned on to this Rat Rod craze, and I know for some people those are two dirty words, but I see them a little differently. I see them as what we did back when we had a lot of enthusiasm and little money. We used what we could scrounge, trade for, and make. It suddenly became exciting again to build something that didn't have to conform to a certain set of standards and blueprints to be cool.

Your A is going to probably turn more heads than the high dollar ones because real car guys will see that you did it with creativity, hard work, and old school techniques. Any more I walk right past the billet cars at a show and head for the ones in primer.

Keep sending pictures, as one member said "we love pictures."

donsrods

John:  I noticed you say you are a "refugee from the HAMB", and if it is the site I am thinking of, I can see why you (and I) have found this particular forum, and enjoy it. I find the guys on here to be kind to their fellow members, and civil in their language. I have been known to say a few off-color words in my life, but I think it is a different matter to have to type a bunch of four-letter words to express yoiurself. I'm no prude, but I think the guys and gals on this forum are to be commended in the way they communicate, and do not bash any member for asing any question at all.

I feel very comfortable here, and think you will too.

jaybee

Welcome to RRT.  Think you'll find this to be a place where people aren't afraid to razz each other, but in a good-natured way.  Cars of all sorts are welcome too, so no one will be offended because your ride is off topic.  Can't wait to hear more as your build progresses!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Glad to have you here. The more the merrier.

We try to make everyone welcome. It doesn't matter what year your car is, or what parts you are using to build it, as long as you are satisfied with it, and you are learning from it.

Sadly the use of profanity in the written word has become common place, but we are trying to keep this place a little old fashioned, you have to insult each other with regular words :lol:

I want this board to be the place where people learn that they can do anything they want with a car, and how to do it. And the confidence to do it better each time you try.

The only tradition here is trying something new.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Welcome to our corner of cyberspace.  8)

hang around and learn, and teach.  :)

lots of regular folks here, well.... most of them are regular.  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

soldermonkey

Welcome, looks like you have a good start on tha A coupe.

Have you got any pictures of the 47?
What are your plans for the 47?

dave

nocentsracing

Here's the 47 main body.  I bought it disassembled, as it is today.  Plans are 351 Windsor, AOD, 9" rear, (all in hand) primer paint and Mexican blanket seats.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hi John, welcome to the RRT.  Glad you found your way here.  Would you by chance be heading to Austin for the Lonestar Roundup at the end of March?  I'll be there in my lite purple '47 Olds convert and would love to talk to you about "east" TX and some cool car related stuff in the area.

Again, welcome aboard
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat46

Quote from: "nocentsracing"Here's the 47 main body.  I bought it disassembled, as it is today.  Plans are 351 Windsor, AOD, 9" rear, (all in hand) primer paint and Mexican blanket seats.

Hey it looks like you already have a bucket seat in the '47! ...and you can't cuss here even if ya want i think the Franks have some kind of cussing filter on here...now if they could just put a B.S. filter on here...wait, that wouldn't work, most posts would be empty then
.. :P