New to the RRT

Started by Buckle, January 19, 2006, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckle

Hello everyone,

I am new here, just found out about this place from Denise (hotrodladycruzr). I met Frank a year ago at Denise's house, good guy for sure. I am 37 years young and have lived in the Detroit area my whole life. I have had a fascination with cars (and just about anything with a motor) since I can remember. I have owned about 50 cars in my life, most were 60's and 70's vintage Detroit iron. I recently purchased what could be a 1925 model T roadster (it's in pieces), I need to assemble the car after I locate a body. I look forward to meeting people of the RRT!

Thanks for reading,

Buckle

HotRodLadyCrusr

Welcome to the RRT bud!  Glad to have you here.  I had a blast with you and Aaron on Saturday.  Looking forward to many more times like that in the future. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Buckle

Thanks Denise! I had a great time also, I feel like I have finally found a group of people that get my automobile desires and appreciations! I definately want to go cruising with you guys this year after billetproof.

Buckle

rooster

Welcome aboard! Looks like you will have your hands full, great project,I see you have engine for it in the backround.

Aaron51Chevy

Quote from: "rooster"Welcome aboard! Looks like you will have your hands full, great project,I see you have engine for it in the backround.

Buckle collects engines like I collect belly lint, seems like every day there is a new one :lol:
\"It\'s not really yours unless you build it\"

Welcome.....You Michigan folks are really starting to gang up on us :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Buckle

Rooster, Thank you! Yes I have quite the assortment of chevy small blocks and transimissions lately, been pretty fortunate the last couple years with the stuff that I have been able to collect. The engine you see in the picture is a mid sixties 283 that I am told was running when pulled six years ago.

40, Lots of Michigan guys lately eh? That is a good thing!

Thanks for welcoming me!

Buckle

Buckle

Quote from: "Aaron51Chevy"
Quote from: "rooster"Welcome aboard! Looks like you will have your hands full, great project,I see you have engine for it in the backround.

Buckle collects engines like I collect belly lint, seems like every day there is a new one :lol:

He he, feels like it sometime!

EMSjunkie

Welcome to the RRT  :)

lots of great info, and really great folks here  8)

keep us updated on your project

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Buckle

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Welcome to the RRT  :)

lots of great info, and really great folks here  8)

keep us updated on your project

Vance

O.k., THanks Vance!!

TJ's Dad

G'day Buckle ...... you picked a great forum to join , you will learn a lot from here, get plenty of laughs and can add your own input  ... I see ur buddy's with Denise ask her to link you back to her Egorama reports, they were the most fascinating insight into US Rodding i've ever seen. I dont say a lot in here as Im always busy in our Aussie site but do find time daily to check out wots going down. Enjoy ya stay ........ Mike.

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Buckle

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"G'day Buckle ...... you picked a great forum to join , you will learn a lot from here, get plenty of laughs and can add your own input  ... I see ur buddy's with Denise ask her to link you back to her Egorama reports, they were the most fascinating insight into US Rodding i've ever seen. I dont say a lot in here as Im always busy in our Aussie site but do find time daily to check out wots going down. Enjoy ya stay ........ Mike.

Greetings Mike, Thanks for the tips. I have been involved with the H.A.M.B. for a while, lots of good info and laughs there as well. Glad to hear that the RRT has a lot to offer as well. I will ask Denise about the Egorama, Thanks and G'day sir.

purplepickup

Welcome from another one of the Michigan connection.  :D   We have to try to keep up the reputation as the car capitol of the world.  If the Big 3 can't, maybe us shadetree guys can.

That's quite a pile of parts you've got there.  I don't see a cowl.  I've got a real solid '30 Chevy cowl that I'd planned to put on ebay soon.  Maybe you've got one but I thought I'd mention it.  Here's a pic.  I've already sold the hood and side panels.

George

Buckle

Quote from: "purplepickup"Welcome from another one of the Michigan connection.  :D   We have to try to keep up the reputation as the car capitol of the world.  If the Big 3 can't, maybe us shadetree guys can.

That's quite a pile of parts you've got there.  I don't see a cowl.  I've got a real solid '30 Chevy cowl that I'd planned to put on ebay soon.  Maybe you've got one but I thought I'd mention it.  Here's a pic.  I've already sold the hood and side panels.

Nice to meet you, where abouts in Michigan? You can post a picture of you holding your hand up pointing with your finger to your location if you like....ha ha. I am told that it is a 1916 cowl. How much do you want for yours?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Buckle"where abouts in Michigan? You can post a picture of you holding your hand up pointing with your finger to your location if you like....ha ha.

I live right about.....there.  

See where I-69 goes south from I-96 and meets I-94?  I live about 20 miles west of there.  Straight south of the crack between the little finger and the finger next to the flippin' finger. :D

I didn't know you had a cowl.  The 1916 cowl would probably fit the look you've got going there better than this one.   I'm just parting this out to pay for some medical bills and thought I'd mention it.
George