RRT support auction - McMaster Carr catalog

Started by purplepickup, January 16, 2006, 07:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I've got a #110 McMaster-Carr catalog up for auction to support the RRT.   The latest edition is #111 so this is almost brand new.  Here's an opportunity to help Fat Cat pay expenses for the site and get a really useful tool to boot.

If you don't have a McMaster-Carr catalog, you really do need one and they're extremely hard to get from the company.  This one has 3592 pages with over 410,000 items (they counted...not me).  It's just chuck full of all sorts of industrial supply goodies and it's very handy to browse through when you want to design something and need to know what's available or when you don't know for sure what you're looking for. The descriptions, pictures, and technical info are very informative. Their stuff is always top quality and they ship the same day you order...even if it's late in the afternoon.  

After the winner sends the money to Fat Cat or enjenjo I'll ship it out on my dime.  How much easier can it be?  I'm going to start the bidding at $25 just to make it worthwhile.

The auction ends at 11PM Eastern Standard Time, next Sunday January 22, 2006.

May the wise man win the catalog and your support means we will all win by continuing to have the RRT around.

George

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "purplepickup"
After the winner sends the money to Fat Cat or enjenjo I'll ship it out on my dime.  How much easier can it be?  I'm going to start the bidding at $25 just to make it worthwhile.

$35.00
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bruce Dorsi

Rayvyn

Quote from: "purplepickup"I've got a #110 McMaster-Carr catalog up for auction to support the RRT.

$45.00... :!:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
$45.00... :!:

:roll:   Jeeeeeze, Bryan, you call that a bid???   I'd be  :oops: !!!

I'll bid $46.00.   :lol:

How do you spell shill?   :twisted:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
I'll bid $46.00.   :lol:
How do you spell shill?   :twisted:

Gosh, Bruce, I didn't mean for you to take out a loan or put off your vacation... :P  :D

I hate to see a guy put out a months salary for something like a catalog... :wink:  :D

So I'll let you rest easy. :D
$46.00 dollars, huh? :?
Let me dig in my pockets........Let's see here........Wait.......I might have it.......YES...!!
Here it is...
$47.00 real dineros.
Not those Jersey dollars that the Guido family prints up every night in a dark basement... :lol:  :lol: :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

Bruce Dorsi

Here it is...
$47.00 real dineros.

Not those Jersey dollars that the Guido family prints up every night in a dark basement... :lol:  :lol: :lol:

You talkin' to me? ....HUH? ...Are YOU talkin' to ME????

Why you summabitch!  ....For $47 YOU can have TWO broken kneecaps!!

And by the way, I ain't got no freakin' basement.  ...My CELLAR has lotsa dem flu-or-essent toobes though, that make things grow real good!

I justa gotta sum gooda news!  ....My color copier been'a fixed, today!  ...It's 48 YANKEE dollars now, 'ya freakin' redneck!

So! ....'Ya gonna keepa you mouth shut, or youse got more to say??

Kiss my ............ring!

~~~~~Sincerely,

Your Goomba!  8)

Land Yacht

1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Land Yacht"$50.00  :lol:

Well, der goze inny idears i had `bout levulin' out Mum's trayler before tha hurrykanes show up dis heya summur...Besides, i yam saven up fer dat Hemi Challenger daze commin' out wit lader dis yeahr. Guess i kin keep my Skoal bug lite now... :D  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

Bruce Dorsi

Well, der goze inny idears i had `bout levulin' out Mum's trayler before tha hurrykanes show up dis heya summur.  :D  :D

I know what you mean, Bryan!  ....That IS more than I earn in a month!

Are you interested in pooling our money to win this auction?  ....We can split the catalog in half.

One of us can have the odd-numbered pages, and the other can have the even-numbered pages.

:lol:  :lol:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"

Well, der goze inny idears i had `bout levulin' out Mum's trayler before tha hurrykanes show up dis heya summur.  :D  :D

I know what you mean, Bryan!  ....That IS more than I earn in a month!

Are you interested in pooling our money to win this auction?  ....We can split the catalog in half.

One of us can have the odd-numbered pages, and the other can have the even-numbered pages.

:lol:  :lol:

I say we meet in Indiana, drive to Michigan, mug George and take the durn thing. And while we're there, we'll confiscate all his Harbor Freight coupons, too. Shoudn't be problem-his Dog's too friendly to be a watch dog... :D  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

purplepickup

I say we meet in Indiana, drive to Michigan, mug George and take the durn thing. And while we're there, we'll confiscate all his Harbor Freight coupons, too. Shoudn't be problem-his Dog's too friendly to be a watch dog... :D  :D  :D
Ha!  I'm not worried.  You NEED me.....  You haven't seen the way I organize :?: things.  You'd never find it.  And you haven't seen the mean side of Murphy yet.  He's back home now.  He didn't get along with other prisoners...especially the McMaster Carr catalog thieves.
George

purplepickup

I've had someone contact me who has offered to bid $75 but would like to keep their name anonymous.  I'm not sure if it would be ethical to accept the bid or not.  I don't want anyone thinking I'm just trying to bump the bid.  One solution I can see is to accept the bid and reveal the name of that person to the current bidders if they request it and go on from there if that's ok with everyone.  I just want to be fair.  If anyone, including the anonymous bidder, doesn't feel comfortable with this we will leave the bidding where it is, with Land Yacht as the high bidder as of now, at $50.

Yay? ~:)  or Nay? :(U)
George

Land Yacht

I dunno guys that dog looks preety mean....  Somebody outbid me or I'm gonna have my own handy dandy catalog.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter