OCC Motorcycle

Started by enjenjo, January 12, 2006, 05:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

My buddy won a OCC motorcycle in a NAPA filter contest. In december they sent him a key, and tickets for two to Las Vegas, with expenses paid.  There were 8 people there with keys, his were the ones that fit. After a ceremony with the Tutle's, and them signing the bike under the seat, he came back home. Today they delivered the bike to his shop, along with a party for him and his friends. I crashed the party. :shock:  

It's a real nice bike, it has a 105 Revtec Motor, full street equipment, including turn signals and speedo. Very well built, much better than any of the theme bikes I have looked at in the past. NAPA had 15 bikes built for various contests.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"My buddy won a OCC motorcycle in a NAPA filter contest. In december they sent him a key, and tickets for two to Las Vegas, with expenses paid.  There were 8 people there with keys, his were the ones that fit. After a ceremony with the Tutle's, and them signing the bike under the seat, he came back home. Today they delivered the bike to his shop, along with a party for him and his friends. I crashed the party. :shock:  

It's a real nice bike, it has a 105 Revtec Motor, full street equipment, including turn signals and speedo. Very well built, much better than any of the theme bikes I have looked at in the past. NAPA had 15 bikes built for various contests.

Tell your buddy he sucks big time  8)
I really want a harley but then again I consider myself lucky to have a 40k 32 ford and an 8k honda sabre 1100. I guess I cant have it all............ :(
Dave
ps: Congrats to him and ill bet he is still in shock (i would be)

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"My buddy won a OCC motorcycle in a NAPA filter contest. In december they sent him a key, and tickets for two to Las Vegas, with expenses paid.  There were 8 people there with keys, his were the ones that fit. After a ceremony with the Tutle's, and them signing the bike under the seat, he came back home. Today they delivered the bike to his shop, along with a party for him and his friends. I crashed the party. :shock:  

Well good for him!!! I agree that bike is  better than most that come out of there.  I liked the one that they built for the guy on this past weeks show. They built that one for free too!

purplepickup

Cool! 8)  Somebody really does win that stuff eh?
George

enjenjo

Trust me, they are not building them for free. :lol: NAPA paid for this bike as part of the advertising package with Discovery Networks. The fantasy bikes are paid for by Discovery Networks as a production expense. OCC may not be making anything off them, but they are not paying for them either.

By the way, on this "free" bike, my buddy has to pay 6.5% sales tax on the $50,000 value to the state of Ohio, plus 15% income tax to the feds, ans 1.5% income tax to Ohio. Taxes are nearly $14,000 He thinks he may be able to weite some of the taxes off as advertising expenses, but he has to get his accountant to agree  :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Trust me, they are not building them for free. :lol: NAPA paid for this bike as part of the advertising package with Discovery Networks. The fantasy bikes are paid for by Discovery Networks as a production expense. OCC may not be making anything off them, but they are not paying for them either.

By the way, on this "free" bike, my buddy has to pay 6.5% sales tax on the $50,000 value to the state of Ohio, plus 15% income tax to the feds, ans 1.5% income tax to Ohio. Taxes are nearly $14,000 He thinks he may be able to weite some of the taxes off as advertising expenses, but he has to get his accountant to agree  :shock:

thanks for posting those tax  figures...... many do not KNOW this stuff
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I think the taxes are the reason you see so many of the " I won it" for sale. For me to pay 14 grand in taxes, it would have to be something I really wanted. I would probably sell it. Hopefully for alot more than 14 grand. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

HotRodLadyCrusr

Where's he going to bungy his walker on??? :roll:

Congrats to your bud...it's a real nice looking bike.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Flathead Youngin'

congrats to your buddy!

yep, those taxes really hurt a guy.....ole' Petejoe on the HAMB won that yellow RPU from a show in KY........I think he sold one of his cars just to pay the taxes on it........he sold it recently, though, I'm sure he came out way ahead..........good for him!!

Darrell's37Coupe

I was just at OCC yesterday looking at the Old School Bike there building and filming for Paul Senior, There a great group of guys to work with. During the past year during my visits they were building all the NAPA Bikes, If I recall there wera total of 25 bikes built and I saw 5-6 in the lobby. If you want OCC to build you a theme bike thats not on TV the going price is $160,000 and corprate theme bikes being built and filmed are over one million dollars, God Bless these guys.

Darrell

Darrell's37Coupe

OH Yea,

One thing I forgot to mention is Paul Senior is a Street Rodder, he has a 1941 Willys. (OUTLAW BODY)

Darrell

river1

thanks for postin about the taxes like it's been said most people don't know.

congrats to your friend frank!!

about a year ago there was a story in the paper about a contest for a dodge truck. i love contests so i entered. well a few weeks later i received an email that i'd won a chance for the truck :shock: i had to show up at a local store to get a key. they had us draw a number that determined the order that we would draw a key from a bag. we drew a key and then took turns trying it in the truck. i had number 23 and as soon as i got the envelope with the key in i knew i hadn't won :cry:  i felt the key through the envelope and the shape of the key gave it away. number 11 ended up starting the truck so i didn't even get a chance to try my key. i knew if i had won i'd sell it for two reasons taxes and the fact i had just (less then a year) bought my truck so i didn't need two.

still it was a cool deal just to be picked for the drawing

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.