Grand Rapids car show next weekend Anyone Going.

Started by Dave, January 08, 2006, 05:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I kinda threw the idea by sue and she thought it would be fun. Anyone from the board going :?:
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

Looks like there is going to be a Suburban full of HAMB folks attending from the Metro Detroit area.  Plans are being finalized now for which day.  I'll post here when I know for sure.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Looks like there is going to be a Suburban full of HAMB folks attending from the Metro Detroit area.  Plans are being finalized now for which day.  I'll post here when I know for sure.

We could do sunday also .. Your call 8)
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

I could do either day myself.  Others are making the call.  I'll let you know as soon as I know.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Looks like we are going on Saturday.  Leaving Southfield at 8am if everyone's on time.  Should roll into the exhibit building by 10:30.  We're planning on a HAMB meet & greet at noon.  Place has not been determined.  Can you suggest a meeting location inside the building?

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Looks like we are going on Saturday.  Leaving Southfield at 8am if everyone's on time.  Should roll into the exhibit building by 10:30.  We're planning on a HAMB meet & greet at noon.  Place has not been determined.  Can you suggest a meeting location inside the building?

No I really cant cause I was there for an indoor sprint car race and they do things different for that.  The place isnt all that big so its gonna be interesting how they lay it out. I do know on the south end is where the beer stands are and they run east to west and i think there are 3 that sell beer and food. That might be a place to start at one or near one. Dont we have a couple hambers in the show ? maybe we can get an idea what thier cars look like ,find em early then meet there in the afternoon.  I can take you guys to a pretty cool irish pub right up the street that has a  really good lunch.  As far as I know the parking is about 4 blocks away over the river. At least I saw a big parking structure near our motel. Ill have to check that out also. I may have passed another on the way into town but i didnt need parking so i wasnt looking.
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'll post the meeting place when I hear back from a couple of HAMB guys that are putting their cars in.  Looks like Charlie is going to meet up with us too! 8)

Ohio Blue Tip

I plan on seeing all of you on Saturday, if my doctor gives me the OK to walk.  Will see the Doc Friday morning.  Even if he says no, I may stop in on crutches.  
Moving slow but on the go.
Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

Ken, I can bring a wheelchair and push you around if you want.  Seriously.

parklane

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Ken, I can bring a wheelchair and push you around if you want.  Seriously.

Is that an open invite???
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Charlie Chops 1940

Re OBT and the wheelchair:

With an offer like that do you think he'd tell us that the Doc released him for a marathon? Two chances....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

slocrow

Quote from: "N8DC"I do know on the south end is where the beer stands are

Now there's a surprise :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Why don't we plan on meeting at 12 noon tomorrow to the right of the main doors when you first walk in. I don't know what's around there or even if there will be a place to stand BUT a decision has to be made regarding location. There will also be a number of HAMB folks meeting there as well and Dave said there is a pub within walking distance so maybe we can all go grab a bite togehter for lunch after the meet and greet.

12 noon meet inside the main hall doors to the right

This sound ok??
my cell number 734-673-6930

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Why don't we plan on meeting at 12 noon tomorrow to the right of the main doors when you first walk in. I don't know what's around there or even if there will be a place to stand BUT a decision has to be made regarding location. There will also be a number of HAMB folks meeting there as well and Dave said there is a pub within walking distance so maybe we can all go grab a bite togehter for lunch after the meet and greet.

This sound ok??

Sounds good to me. Ill take your number. Im having some real problems with my dad so if something should come up this evening and we have to back out ill call you tomorrow morning.
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Why don't we plan on meeting at 12 noon tomorrow to the right of the main doors when you first walk in. I don't know what's around there or even if there will be a place to stand BUT a decision has to be made regarding location. There will also be a number of HAMB folks meeting there as well and Dave said there is a pub within walking distance so maybe we can all go grab a bite togehter for lunch after the meet and greet.

This sound ok??

Sounds good to me. Ill take your number. Im having some real problems with my dad so if something should come up this evening and we have to back out ill call you tomorrow morning.
Dave

Ok Denise were going.................. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Ive got the green flag from my dads girl friend. Sunday i got to go break the news to him that we got Hospice comming in to care for him. But I need a break and some fun with friends........
Dave 8)