poor mans vette/Opal GT's

Started by tomslik, March 20, 2004, 07:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

anybody here have any experience with opal gt's?

wondering if a 4.3/350 turbo would fit..

any other wierdness i might run across?

theres one on ebay that's about 80 miles from me.....and god KNOWS i need another project :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Track-T

Hello, Hmmmmm Opal's, Had one with a small chevy.Lots of work to do it
 but it was fun. turbo 4 seems a better idea.

P.S. I'm not that far from ya.(Fort Collins)

phat46

Quote from: "tomslik"anybody here have any experience with opal gt's?

I saw one in Canada a couple years ago with a blown bigblock in it, of course the car only came up to the bottom of the heads on the motor, but it was still in it... :D

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"I would think aluminum heads on the 4.3 would be a great idea.

Gee are you still holding on to those things. :lol: You would think with as many times as you have tried to get rid of them you could have by now.  :P  It seems as though they really like you and don't want to leave. :lol:

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"anybody here have any experience with opal gt's?

theres one on ebay that's about 80 miles from me.....and god KNOWS i need another project :roll:

============ I would think aluminum heads on the 4.3 would be a great idea.

me too, i haven't forgot about 'em, just gots no bux:(

got a hog to feed.... :lol:

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

got a hog to feed.... :lol:

yes, we know

what can i say?

unfortunatly, the cat on the bike had to be put down :(

he was a cool cat,though....

btw, i put one of the "easypull"things on my clutch and now i can pull the lever with 2 fingers so i'ma goin' ridin'! :D

cornfieldrodder

60 degree V6 and a 5 speed! It will clear all the metel and the goofy brake accuator rod. The 2.8 Chevy mill is about the same weight as the 1.9 Opel engine and the trans is much better than the lube leakin bottom loader that came from the fatherland.
Remove the spare tire, relocate the battery from in front of the radiator and you may actually remove a leaf from the front end.
Oh yeah, I have a little experience with GTs

BarryM

I never had any but knew of two. Didn't they have the worst brakes on the planet?

Crafty

I've seen Opel GTs over here (UK) with Rover V8s ( 192 Buick ) in them, If I remember correctly one with a sbc too. Most of the converted ones have a modern GM 4 cyl in.

If you have a search around Im pretty sure theres an owners club for these things..

"I put one of those easy pull things on my clutch"....Tom,I've heard about this but have never seen one....How does it work?Easy to install?Is it a Harley accessory?I've got a Dyna Lowrider and after swinging a framing hammer all day,it's a real "Pain in the Hand" to hold the clutch in :roll: Sorry for hijacking the thread :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

tomslik

Quote from: "40""I put one of those easy pull things on my clutch"....Tom,I've heard about this but have never seen one....How does it work?Easy to install?Is it a Harley accessory?I've got a Dyna Lowrider and after swinging a framing hammer all day,it's a real "Pain in the Hand" to hold the clutch in :roll: Sorry for hijacking the thread :wink:

no problem, the opel deal went south.

anyway, if you've got a big enoughe-mailbox, i could scan the instructions to ya.
trust me, it's not a big deal and kinda fun, particularly the test ride ;)

anybody else wants to know about these, i'll do the same...

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

tomslik

Quote from: "40"Thanks Tom....Fire Away!  PepperTaker@aol.com

it's fired!!!!