New accessory for my VW

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 31, 2005, 07:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I did a temporary installl of a new accessory on my Vw Jetta.. :lol:

It seems some mice have made a home in the engine compartment  or at least in my garage.

I have placed the rat/mice poison pellets on the engine. The pellets disappear each night. Not sure if the pellets are not working as they have in the past or there are many mice.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

ONE37TUDOR

If you are using the Decon type bate boxes be very careful if you have any pets that get into the garage. Pets are attracted to the stuff and will eat it. It works the same way on a cat or dog as it does on a rat. I keeps the blood form clotting and they just bleed to death internally. The sad part for a pet is that they usually show no symptoms until it is to late.

I know this because I was very lucky a few weeks ago and caught my dog eating the stuff in my shop, $350 later and three weeks worth of twice a day pills to counteract the stuff the dog is doing fine but a good lesson to me.

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

34ford

you need a purplepickup trap from george  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

one dead mouse over night.  I hope there are NO more.

I will set the traps again.

:shock:
Tony

Sean

This is the best stuff I have found. It breaks apart into "Bars" that you can stick inside holes or in little nooks and crannies that your pets can't reach. I have had better luck with it than any of the pelletized poisons.

Olderndirt2

Quote from: "Sean"This is the best stuff I have found. It breaks apart into "Bars" that you can stick inside holes or in little nooks and crannies that your pets can't reach. I have had better luck with it than any of the pelletized poisons.

We use the bar stuff too. Never seen it sold in markets or such. We buy it at our local feed store.

Crosley.In.AZ

I used the pellet stuff a few years back when I had desert rat eating wires under the hood of a 85 camaro.

I found the rat the next morning , he could hardly walk or move.  I put him in the trash can.

I've never seen the bar stuff.
Tony

enjenjo

That looks like the "snacks" my wife has been giving me the last couple days. Hmmmm......
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"That looks like the "snacks" my wife has been giving me the last couple days. Hmmmm......

I heard stories it builds slowly in a large system....... you've got time

:shock:
Tony

Flipper

Quote from: "34ford"you need a purplepickup trap from george  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OK, I'll bite.   .....what in the hell is that?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Flipper"
Quote from: "34ford"you need a purplepickup trap from george  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OK, I'll bite.   .....what in the hell is that?

5 gallon pale with antifreeze in it...

a beer can on a steeel rod. (be quiet tomslik)

The beer can has peanut butter spread over it.

The wood is the plank the mice jump from to get the peanut butter.

they end up in the antifreeze, injest some antifreeze, they die.
Tony

enjenjo

Quoteinjest some antifreeze, they die

Actually they drown, in your part of the world, water would work just as well.

Many years ago, one of my first jobs, I came into work in the morning, and found my boss with a waste basket and a string, trying to hang a mouse that had the misfortune to fall into the waste basket during the night.  I didn't work there long :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quoteinjest some antifreeze, they die

Actually they drown, in your part of the world, water would work just as well.

Many years ago, one of my first jobs, I came into work in the morning, and found my boss with a waste basket and a string, trying to hang a mouse that had the misfortune to fall into the waste basket during the night.  I didn't work there long :shock:

they cannot breathe antifreeze..... they injest it. :lol:
Tony

EMSjunkie

Little saucers of Coke or any carbonated beverage, or "Pop Rocks"
will be just as effective.

rodents cannot expel body gas.
they can't fart or belch.

makes them blow up.  :shock:

just my .02

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

rodents cannot expel body gas.
they can't fart or belch.

makes them blow up.  :shock:

just my .02

Vance

well that is another reason we humans are superior :?
Tony