Fatman stub frame 53 Ford car

Started by WZ JUNK, March 17, 2004, 09:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Does anyone know anthing about these stub frames from Fatman for a 53 Ford car?  I have not had any personal experience with this company but I have heard some negative comments on their stuff.  Many comments that say they should spend more money on design and less on advertising.   I need to upgrade the front suspension on one of these and Fatman is the only offering I have found.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tomslik

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Does anyone know anthing about these stub frames from Fatman for a 53 Ford car?  I have not had any personal experience with this company but I have heard some negative comments on their stuff.  Many comments that say they should spend more money on design and less on advertising.   I need to upgrade the front suspension on one of these and Fatman is the only offering I have found.

well, the only one i seen installed was in a 50 'vert.
flexed soooooo much in the "hat" area that i swore i'd never use one under any curcumstance.

also, when you'd turn to a hard lock it would copress the calipers and you would have to pump them up (had a Fatman's big brake kit)

they installed steering stops to keep that from happening.

a friend of mine, 100 years ago used the brakes and stuff off of a 69 torino on his 52 glasstop if that'll help ya.
he's 400 miles away so don't ask me for pics but i'll tell ya what i remember(and that ain't much, but i've got a story about that car, one of these days i'll share it when i can use BOTH index fingers)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"one of these days i'll share it when i can use BOTH index fingers)

============= stilll healing ??

yeah, sounds like i will be for another 4-5 weeks(and it's 70+ degrees out lately)

you still ridin' a taurus? :lol:

i thought it might be a good idea to get one of the "easy-pull" clutch levers, kinda think this finger is gonna be a bit fragile for a while
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Phat

Stay as far away from the overweight stuff as you can i wave seen stuff that is so bad you would not want it under your lwn mower.  I did one of those awhile back and made a sqaure tube front clip and installed a mustang II  crossmember that fit a 50s chevy i beleive.  sorry way before i had a digital camera or really cared to take pixs.  Bob from progressive in Ohio can make you a nice clip for that car if he allready does not have them.
Nice guy and pretty helpful if any snafu comes up. 1-740-862-4696. This is his web site.  You will sart seeing more of his stuff showing up in the media. http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/default.htm
Old racers go in deep and come out hard

40_Tudor

Here's the name of a guy that does relay nice metal work. He builds complete front-end setups and 4 bar links and other things. I've bought a few things from him at a couple of Columbus Ford swap meets. The things I've bought from him have been very reasonably priced and very well built. He doesn't have a websight built I found some pictures of a front clip he built on the web. I think he has advertised on E-Bay before.
Anyway here's his info,

Checkered Racing
Jeff Blevins
Bedford. In 47421
812-279-6972