Exhaust parts

Started by enjenjo, December 08, 2005, 11:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I need a piece of exhaust pipe that tapers from 2" to 3" or there about, over 36" or so. Anyone with a source?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"I need a piece of exhaust pipe that tapers from 2" to 3" or there about, over 36" or so. Anyone with a source?

I think I have a couple of motorcyle mufflers that are just about that size.  If you do not come up with something, and they might work, let me know and I will measure them.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I need a piece of exhaust pipe that tapers from 2" to 3" or there about, over 36" or so. Anyone with a source?

Speedway "lakes" header kit? You'd probably have to buy the whole kit though.... :?

tomslik

got some torque tube stuff layin' around.....
kinda heavy, though..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

Quote from: "tomslik"got some torque tube stuff layin' around.....
kinda heavy, though..
Runs in my mind that '28 through '48 driveshafts were about 4"OD but I think "T"s were smaller. I'd take a pie (3.1416) shaped slice out of the side of 3" tube and draw it together and weld it. With 3' of length to do it in you'd get a nice taper. GPster

58Apache

If it doesn't HAVE to have a long gradual taper to it, I bought a reducer to go from 3 to 2 1/2 inches from Summit racing that I used to go from a 3" X pipe down to a 2 1/2 inch muffler input. I think they said the brand name on it was flowmaster or similar.

Also have a local auto parts shop that specializes in exhaust and they can do quite a few custom things. Try http://undercarspecialty.com/

Steve

enjenjo

The motorcycle muffler idea sounds promising, I'll check at the local yard. If I have to, I'll split a piece of tubing, and squeeze it down. I'm trying to same a customer some money, so if it's commercially available, I'll go that way. I'm building a race car type header that gets larger as it goes down the side of the car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

ram-rod

hey joe try meatalshappers or metalmeet   .com  

anyone with a plexo sliproller could knock one up for a small sum
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)

Charlie Chops 1940

Headers by Ed sells the tapered pices. He has a web site. I bought a couple when I did the track roadster header...I must have one left. I'll look when I head out to the shop this morning and give you its measurements.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

Frank,

The megaphone I have is:

17" OAL
1-3/4" small end diameter
3-7/16" big end diameter

It's yours if you need it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Roadstar

Before you could buy the lakes style headers from a supplier I made a set from 4 inch tubing. Pie cut it and squeezed it togeather and welded it.

It was alot of work and you would be better off having the customer buy the ones that speedway sells. What your time worth, right.