O/T....Anyone else a College Football Fan???

Started by 40, December 05, 2005, 11:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering! I know we have lots of people from Michigan on board and since my beloved Huskers are playing the Wolverines in the Alamo Bowl ....just wondering if anyone was a Blue and Gold fan and if they were planning to attend the game in San Antonio?? If I can get it worked out,I'll be leaving the "Frozen Tundra" the day after Christmas and plan to enjoy a few days in the sun along the RiverWalk!San Antonio is a Great place to visit in late December!! Might even drag my scooter along and put a few miles on the ol Harley! GO BIG RED!!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat46

Quote from: "40"Just wondering! I know we have lots of people from Michigan on board and since my beloved Huskers are playing the Wolverines in the Alamo Bowl ....just wondering if anyone was a Blue and Gold fan and if they were planning to attend the game in San Antonio?? If I can get it worked out,I'll be leaving the "Frozen Tundra" the day after Christmas and plan to enjoy a few days in the sun along the RiverWalk!San Antonio is a Great place to visit in late December!! Might even drag my scooter along and put a few miles on the ol Harley! GO BIG RED!!!

............GO BLUE.............
My daughter graduated last fall ('04) from THE University of Michigan. there's no way i can get to  the Alamo Bowl though. But i will be cheering for the Wolverines on the 28th!!!  It;s too bad these two fine teams are reduced to playing in a less than stellar bowl game. But that's what you get when you can't even beat a school like Ohio State.  :shock:
 ...Hail to The Victors Valient.............. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

EMSjunkie

GO BIG RED!!!  :D  :D

my folks are from Nebraska, I'm from Kansas, so either
the 'Huskers, or KSU Wildcats.

the 'Huskers just ain't been the same since Tom left  :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40"Just wondering! I know we have lots of people from Michigan on board and since my beloved Huskers are playing the Wolverines in the Alamo Bowl ....just wondering if anyone was a Blue and Gold fan and if they were planning to attend the game in San Antonio?? If I can get it worked out,I'll be leaving the "Frozen Tundra" the day after Christmas and plan to enjoy a few days in the sun along the RiverWalk!San Antonio is a Great place to visit in late December!! Might even drag my scooter along and put a few miles on the ol Harley! GO BIG RED!!!

Been a Penn State fan all my life. Sorry.
I'll probably be watching the #3 BCS ranked Nittany Lions play in the  (cough, hack, wheeze) Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat46

Quote from: "RayvynBeen a [color=darkbluePenn State[/color] fan all my life. Sorry.
I'll probably be watching the #3 BCS ranked Nittany Lions play in the  (cough, hack, wheeze) Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl.

Hmmm, No wonder I wore my "BACK TO BACK ROSEBOWL 2004-2005"
Michigan Wolverine tee shirt today....Once in a while we "let" a different Big Ten team go to the Rose Bowl, wouldn't be nice to hog it every year, you know Joe Pa won't be around forever, and he's such a nice old man... :D  :D  :D  ( I'll be pulling for the Nittany Lions in the Rose Bowl too, gotta root for the Big Ten teams ya know)

reborn55

Notre Dame for me since my school (SIU) just lost in the 1AA playoffs

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

jaybee

I'm a glutton for punishment, that make me an Iowa State fan.  For years I thought they'd never be in the top half of the Big 8/12, now it's a bowl game for the 6th year out of the last 7.  Darryl, it sounds like you've been to San Antonio before.  It's an awesome destination.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

trackster

Sorry guys, Gotta go with the Buckeyes in the Fiesta bowl. Can't help it, I've Scarlet and Grey in my veins.  :D

Along with Orange and Black for the Bengals! :P
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

John...As a Cyclone fan you've endured a long season....3 losses in overtime,all 3 on the road as I recall! The game they played in Lincoln was one of the most exciting games I've attended in a long time!I have been to the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio when the Huskers played both Northwestern and Michigan State....Both decisive wins....I hope we have the same result this year! I love San Antonio in late December...of course,any place above freezing that time of year sounds enticing! I have had a pair of Husker season tickets for over 25 years so have been extremely spoiled with 9/10 win seasons and National Championships....that is until a couple of years ago :(  The last couple of years I've sorta felt like a Chicago Cubs Fan :roll:

blksheep

Football? Basketball??

If the great state of North Carolina didn't have such a liberal weekend criminal work release program, we wouldn't be able to field a team.

So much for kid's role models.............

blksheep....in Charlotte

chopped

I'm for Michigan and whoever plays the Irish.

hotrodsnguns

Going to watch USC destroy texas in the Rose Bowl.  Three times National Champs.

Go Trojans

The USC/Texas match-up in the Rose Bowl should be one of the better College Football Games played in a long time.Being in Big XII country...I have really developed a strong dislike for the Longhorns but think they have a real shot to upset the Trojans. Nebraska has BOTH Texas and So.Cal. on the schedule next year  :shock: ....I am hoping to make the trek to the collosium next Fall.Good Luck to the Trojans....I have a feeling they may need it!