O/T....Anyone else a College Football Fan???

Started by 40, December 05, 2005, 11:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldermonkey

Longhorn fan here. I also pull for Nebraska when they are not playing the Longhorns because they have the classiest fans anywhere. I have always been impressed by their spirit and their class.

Hook em Horns, beat usc and Go Huskers beat the Wolverines

Thanks for the compliment in regard to Husker Fans!I have a great respect for the UT fans as well and have had some really fun conversations with fans that have traveled up to Lincoln in the past.I am a bit partial but think our fans for the most part are some of the best in the country...I know visiting fans would be hard pressed to find a friendlier place to play away from home! I am especially proud of our tradition of standing and applauding the opposing team,win or lose,as they leave the field in appreciation for their effort! In the past,this was not such a big deal as nearly every game was a win but with the decline over the past few years and the frequent losses,I'm really proud of our fans! The Horns,along with USC are heads and tails above the competition this year and should provide us with a Great game to watch! I am rooting for Texas to pull off the upset!We have Texas on the schedule in Lincoln next year....I sure hope Vince Young succumbs to the temptation of the almighty $$ and opts for the NFL draft but am not holding my breath....It sure would be a nice late Christmas present for the Huskers and the rest of the teams on UT's schedule :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

TKD_Master38

Hey Gang,

Being a Native nebraskan, I shall naturally be rooting for the Huskers.  Having spent my formative years int he cradle of Hot Rodding, southern California, I shall root for the Trojans.  However being a resident of Oregon for the last 15 years and seeing how the BCS selection comittee screwed over the Ducks with their 10-1 record and picked ND and OSU for the Fiests bowl I will root against those two for the rest of my life.  :-( :x  :twisted:

Just reaffirms my beliefs that politics has no place in sports or hot rodding, time for a play off system.

Bruce

I agree....Oregon got the shaft! To be passed over by teams with worse records is not right.Perhaps,when enough teams/coaches get screwed over by the bowls and the BcS that enough of them will change their minds and push for a playoff. After getting passed over for the Outback bowl in favor of Iowa....I know Lloyd Carr from Michigan changed his mind and is now in favor of a playoff. I hope he likes the Alamo Bowl even less after Dec. 28th  :P

rumrumm

I'm a Husker fan, but I'll be watching it on TV. You can't live in Nebraska for sixteen years and not be caught up in Big Red mania.  Finally they seem to be turning things around. I just hope it's a good, close game.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

alchevy

I will have to pull for Brett Favre's college team, Southern Miss.They will meet Arkansas State in New Orleans Bowl on Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 7 p.m., CT. It will be the Southern Miss' eighth bowl game in the past nine years. The 6-5 record is the 12th straight winning season for the Golden Eagles, who is one of only seven schools that have achieved the mark.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Go Southern Miss Eagles!!!!!!!!!!
They won! 31 to 19 last night.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WOW!!! What a game the Huskers played tonight!! I had a change of plans and couldn't make the trip to San Antonio.....but.....I bet they could hear me screaming in Texas from 1200 miles away!! I won't be able to talk for a couple of days! It'll be a while before I wind down enough to go to bed :D   GO BIG RED !!!!!!

phat46

Quote from: "40"WOW!!! What a game the Huskers played tonight!! I had a change of plans and couldn't make the trip to San Antonio.....but.....I bet they could hear me screaming in Texas from 1200 miles away!! I won't be able to talk for a couple of days! It'll be a while before I wind down enough to go to bed :D   GO BIG RED !!!!!!

That was a very good game, better than expected. The outcome wasn't too good for us Michigan fans, but I hope this is a good sign for both teams for next season!

Congratulations to the University of Texas!! One of the best College Football Games of all time!

chopped

Quote from: "40"Congratulations to the University of Texas!! One of the best College Football Games of all time!
Another game where the refs had something to say about the outcome. How hard is it to get it right when you have replay? And I was thinking, good they have Big 10 refs, they won't screw it up.

phat46

Congrats to the Longhorns!!! what a game and congrats to Penn St.  Joe Pa has still got it!!!   :D