Intro from WA state with pics

Started by Rolf, November 23, 2005, 01:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolf

Hello,

I live in Washington state, I moved here from Sweden in 1982. I am a certified old car nut. As I get older, it seems like my cars get older as well. My "newest" car is now a 1958 Impala.

I am currently building a traditional style Nailhead powered Model A on '32 rails. It's been a long journey, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am counting on driving this car this spring.  I am always looking for ideas and advice from fellow rodders.

The current project:

You can see the build-up here if you are interested:
http://www.classicroad.com/modelA

My current driver: Original paint with plenty of wear, but a good twenty yarder. Currently it has a 283, but I just obtained a 348, a tri power and a 4speed. I will work on this once the hot rod is done.

My shop truck. Another twenty yarder

Anyway, hope to meet some fellow hot rodders.

Cheers

Rolf

Dave

Quote from: "Rolf"Hello,

I live in Washington state, I moved here from Sweden in 1982. I am a certified old car nut. As I get older, it seems like my cars get older as well. My "newest" car is now a 1958 Impala.

I am currently building a traditional style Nailhead powered Model A on '32 rails. It's been a long journey, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am counting on driving this car this spring.  I am always looking for ideas and advice from fellow rodders.

The current project:

You can see the build-up here if you are interested:
http://www.classicroad.com/modelA

My current driver: Original paint with plenty of wear, but a good twenty yarder. Currently it has a 283, but I just obtained a 348, a tri power and a 4speed. I will work on this once the hot rod is done.

My shop truck. Another twenty yarder

Anyway, hope to meet some fellow hot rodders.

Cheers

Wow nice rides... welcome to the board
Dave

Rolf

rumrumm

Nice toys! Welcome to the RRT, Rolf.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

purplepickup

Welcome Rolf :D   Nice intro with pics.  Did I mention dat we likes dem pics. :wink:  I especially like the Model A.  8)
George

34ford

Welcome Rolf,  

Not fair to have more than one cool car.  :D  Like the A. Are you running it with the suede paint? Looks cool that way.

rooster

Welcome aboard! Lookin Good!  The 58 is niceeeeeeeeee!

Welcome!....I really like the A....As my younger friends would say "It looks Horny" Is the nailhead a 401 or 425??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Rolf

Thanks for the welcome.

Really, both the truck and the Impala are true 20 yarders, but fun drivers. I have built my share of cars with expensive paint jobs, and I never drove them enough.

Craftsman: It is actually a "faux" suede. It is custom mixed color, then covered in flex-n-flat. That way it UV protected.

Nobleman: The engine is a 1965 425, "disguised" as something older with the help of a generator from a 1958, and also the older style valve covers.

Trans is a 4speed, and a 9inch rear, hung in ladder bars.

I am not trying to duplicate a barn find or anything, but I am having fun trying to stay "period correct" on the things that shows, with old style wiring, slotted screws etc...

This is the most rewarding project I have done, I can't wait to turn the key for the first time.

Thanks again, I look forward to meet more hot rodders.

Rolf

Okiedokie

Neat stuff, thanks for sharing. Joe

slocrow

Welcome Rolf! Nice rides.......20 yarders or not.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

parklane

I agree with everyone else saying welcome and nice rides 8)

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

48builder

Rolf,

That is one cool car! Great set of pics and text to describe the buildup. That is really a lot of work. Reminds me of my project. You are a little ahead of me, but it does feel good to be at a point where you can see light at the end.

Welcome

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

So who certified you as old? Welcome to the RRT.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

OldSub

Rolf, we met at Puyallup when a bunch of HAMB guys gathered a year or two ago.

I don't think you could get certified as old!

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Bib_Overalls

Been following your Model A build on the HAMB.  And I have been and continue to be impressed.  Great group here.  I'm glad to see you here.  Hope you become a regular.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks