Lets talk advertising slogans

Started by Fat Cat, November 19, 2005, 08:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I was thinking about this the other day on the way home from work. There are alot of old advertising slogans that my children have never heard of. I have of course because my parents talked about them as I was growing up.

This came to mind and I was thinking about things like

Firestone - "Where the rubber meets the road"
Esso/Exxon - "Put a tiger in your tank"
Unocal - "The spirit of '76"
Texaco - "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star"
Oldsmobile - "This is Not Your Father's Oldsmobile."

So anyway I would like to create a webpage within the site that lists these sorts of slogans. I am planing to break it down some by type of service or product. I would like to get as complete a list as possible, so if it from 3 years ago or 70 years ago that is fine. I would also like to include things like regional advertising campaigns. So if you have something to add please include it here and I will start compiling a list.

I would like all of you out there to contribute to this as well don't think that someone else later will say something your thinking of now. Lets hear it sooner rather than later.

Fat Cat

bowtietillidie

Here you go  one from my childhood might still be used today.
 I haven,t heard it in years
              L.S.M.F.T.  Lucky Strike means Fine Tabaco  :!:
BOWTIETILLIDIE

ragdol

"Plop, plop fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is". "Snap, crackle, & pop". 'Wouldn't you really rather have a Buick?". I think Pepsi was "The pause that refreshes". "Don't squeeze the Charmine!" A few off the top of my head. Larry.

Slick 50

"See the USA in your Chevrolet"

I think it was Esso who used "Happy Motoring"

"Brusha, brusha, brusha, with the new Ipana" (toothpaste)

From an old coffee commercial, "John Arbuckle" says "You get what you pay for"

Now that you've gotten me started I'm sure this will run through my pea brain for days. I have a few, hours long, road trips coming up so I'll have time to think about it.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

Slick 50

Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

moose

Baseball hot dogs apple pie and chevrolet.

maxwell house  good to the last drop

tiporelo(spelling) it's not how long you make it it's how you make it long

Campbells soup Hmm Hmm good

I'd walk a mile for a Camel

58 Yeoman

Hertz puts you in the drivers seat.  CBS, your eye on the news.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Slick 50"Now that you've gotten me started I'm sure this will run through my pea brain for days.

That was the whole idea. I want to see who remembers what.

phat rat

double your pleasure, double your fun, with double good, double mint gum

bell boy going around calling out "call for Philip Morris, call for Philip Morris

I'd walk a mile for a Camel
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Texaco: "You can trust your car to the man that wears the Star" or Alkaseltsor (?) "Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz oh what a relief it is" GPster

34ford

mmm, mmm good mmm,mmm good, Campbells soup is mmm, mmm good.

Brylcreem, a little dab will do you.  This one is for the older guys  :lol:

river1

where's the beef?

see the usa in your chevrolet

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

bowtietillidie

My mind is stuck on Wild Root Cream oil  !  Can anyone remember there slogan?????????????   Winston tastes good like a cigarette
should.             Brill cream  a little dab will do ya
  Pet milk  from contented cows.     Black label Beer   Hay Mable Black Label    Thats all for know going to go lock myself in a closet and relive my young care free days :wink:
 Can't quit/  Green Giant Veggies    HO HO HO in the land of the jolly green giant.    CoCo Pops:  Ko Ko for KO KO pop's .  Nestles Choclate
 Nestles makes the very best Choclate . I am outa here
BOWTIETILLIDIE

ragdol

"Timex, takes a licking, & keeps on ticking" "Wonder Bread, builds bodies 8 ways". Yes, at first it was only 8 ways. Man, I'm old. Parliment had "The most important 1/4 inch in smoking today" Which was an air gap. Chrysler had "The forward look". More will come. Later, Larry.

n.c.rodder

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun.

Then you walked acoss the street

To have it your way!

Then you went around the corner to

Think outside the bun!

Mike
Till we meet - On the street